Liverpool

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Liverpool

• This topic has 1,417 replies, 273 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by han22.
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 1,414 total)
  • Author
    jespop30
    Participant

Lauraf1991 – when do you need your passport for? The gentleman I spoke with on Thursday said that it’s taking 20 days for application being processed to being approved. My son’s has been processing for 18 days now, not sure if the examination department is open today. Is frustrating when they are approving applications made after your though, glad others are being approved faster and they don’t have to go through the stresses we are facing

lauraf1991
    Participant

I needed it for Thursday – so I’ve already lost £300 on flights. I just want to know if I can book for the week after so I get half my holiday with my family.

But I have been on the list for a call from the processing team since Monday and nobody has rung.

Mine was a standard online adult renewal so I don’t know what they’ve even been processing for 2 weeks. Literally nothing has changed and they’ve had my documents since 18th Feb.

LKT1990
    Participant

We have had some progress. 1 of the 5 is now being printed! Still 2 that have been in processing since Feb 16th, hoping to hear about them this week? The other 2 still haven’t made any progress.

I remember doing my passport back in 2012, paper form and it was done and back within 12 days! How times have changed.

lauraf1991
    Participant

Finally got through to the progress team. Apparently my application was only passed to an examiner on March 4th, and my old passport was tracking as lost.

I’m due to receive a callback from the conveyancing team tomorrow to discuss the options as it’s sadly very unlikely I will get my passport in time for my Thursday flight.

jespop30
    Participant

LKT1990 – my son’s first passport has been processing since 16th February, and I am hoping to hear back by latest Wednesday as it’s taking 20 days to be seen once in processing, well that’s what the gentleman told me on Thursday. I need it for the 4th April. The other 4 passports I have done, 3 renewals and 1 first child’s passport have all come back within 3 weeks.

Lauraf1991 – fingers crossed they can do something as surely that’s there fault, and it’s not like you haven’t rang loads, and now they just tell you this

HUMEN
    Participant

Can anyone advise me on the right phone number to ring the Bootle office? I want to speak to someone about the status of my application please. I’ve got the general number for HM Passport office is it just that one that we have to call?
    TY

lauraf1991
    Participant

0300 123 1973 is the number I have but they take forever to answer and ultimately can’t do anything it would seem. You’re better waiting for a callback from the progress team.

Still nothing on my application.

jespop30
    Participant

Lauraf1991 – you had the phone call yet? Passports shouldn’t be taking this long. I need to send my marriage certificate in but I can’t till they email me with where to send it and that’s only when an examiner views the application. Need it 4 weeks today 😭

bettydove1
    Participant

Anyone have experience with TNT? Said it was printed on thurs and sent on Saturday 8am but haven’t received a tracking no. and unable to track using application no. on their site…. Wondered if people who had gotten their passports got a tracking no. or any info about delivery! many thanks in advance

pusinky
    Participant

I tried the call centre several times and they can’t help at all. Here’s the timeline so far, the supporting documents were delivered on 1 February but only logged on 23 February.

Application history
    StatusDate
    Application being processed 11:11am on 28 February 2022
    Documents received 9:53am on 23 February 2022
    Application received 10:10am on 31 January 2022
    Identity details received 10:10am on 31 January 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 7:23pm on 30 January 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 7:19pm on 30 January 2022
    Application submitted 7:19pm on 30 January 2022

jespop30
    Participant

Pusinky – that’s strange as my documents were delivered on the 1st Feb too, and they logged them on the 10th with application processing from the 16th. They are saying 20 days for them to go through the processing stage.

Bettydove1 – I never got any tracking emails or texts but could track with application number from 24 hours after the passport was printed and sent

bettydove1
    Participant

aha! thank you! was getting rather worried at the lack of tracking no. but that seems to be standard for some reason…

jespop30
    Participant

The first passport I had done, I didn’t even realise was out for delivery till I got a text about missed delivery, so from then I checked myself after 24 hours have been printed and sent

pavilion89
    Participant

Hi all, applied for an adult renewal on 3rd March. Sent off my old passport the next day (to the Bootle office).

I’m going away on the 4th of April… realistically what are my chances? Average on here says 20.92 days so based on that I should be fine but from the things I’ve read here, I’m thinking I’ve made a terrible mistake.

Could I fast track at the last minute if it comes to that – anyone successfully done it?

lauraf1991
    Participant

Pavilion89 – I wouldn’t risk it. Personally I’d recall the documents and book a week or in-day slot.

I phoned again today and they refused to put me through to processing despite my lack of callback. I called Bootle directly and a nice man told me that my passport was with an examiner (it’s the second time I’ve heard this). Waited all day and nothing has happened.

Was due to fly Thursday – left 5 weeks for my passport to be renewed. Absolutely no hope of making that flight.

I’ve filed a proper complaint now, given them a 0 in their survey and sent a complaint to the ASA saying it’s unacceptable to be telling people on an IVR that a standard renewal is typically taking 4 weeks, when that’s clearly not the case.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 1,414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.