Liverpool

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Liverpool

• This topic has 1,417 replies, 273 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by han22.
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,414 total)
  • Author
    pavilion89
    Participant

How can I recall the documents? Is there a form I need to fill out somewhere or is it just a case of phoning them?

lauraf1991
    Participant

I’m not sure – I think you have to cancel your application and ask for them to be sent to you. I would call tomorrow and ask. They say that can take up to 3 weeks but given that it’s taken them 2 weeks to process my application (and counting), plus 8 days to upload documents and the new one isn’t in the post yet it’s a close run thing. With hindsight I wish I’d called it lost and done the week long process.

As I’m sure you can see I’ve called most days – I’ve been promised callbacks that never happened. I sent details of my flights that went missing/ignored.
    You will lose money but you will save on stress if you can find a way to do the week long appointment.

If you leave them in the system you may be lucky! But if you’re not there’s literally nothing you can do.

pusinky
    Participant

jespop30 – I was concerned the passport office had lost the documents but they found them in the end. I asked for a call back that never materialised.

Has anyone had experience requesting for the supporting documents to be returned without withdrawing the application?

jespop30
    Participant

I’ve been waiting for a call back, but never received one, that was almost 2 weeks ago now.

HUMEN
    Participant

I’ve just had an email this morning saying my application has been approved so that’s less than 7 days from ‘receiving’ my old passport when i sent it on the 21st of Feb. Flying on the 19th of march so fingers crossed my new one arrives this week

Application history
    StatusDate
    Application approved 12:57am on 8 March 2022
    Documents received 1:11pm on 2 March 2022
    Application received 4:10pm on 19 February 2022
    Application submitted 4:10pm on 19 February 2022

lauraf1991
    Participant

That’s great news HUMEN!

Do you think anything you did sped that up?

kelso
    Participant

Seems like the Liverpool office are murder at processing docs.
    Application online 23rd Feb
    Docs send 24th Feb
    Both passports still sitting saying awaiting docs to be received.
    Totally stressed out and mad at myself for not doing the 1 week service.
    Documents are needed to be received no later than 25th March. In people’s honest opinion, is that achievable?

lauraf1991
    Participant

I don’t think that’s achievable – somebody finally admitted to me this morning there are delays. But it is luck of the draw, some people do make it.

If you want certainty and no stress try to get a fast track appointment. I’ve called every day and nothing.

jespop30
    Participant

I’m hoping as my son’s application has been processing and with the examiner since the 16th, I hear something soon

kelso
    Participant

Thanks Laura, as the days tick by, I become less and less optimistic.
    Please keep us posted on your progress.
    I feel its pointless me even calling the passport office if docs aren’t even showing as received.

kelso
    Participant

Thats a long time Jes. I had a look at people’s updates on the stages andnit seemed an average of 11ish days to go from received to approved, so that’s really long.
    Hope you hear back soon.

lauraf1991
    Participant

And when I say delays apparently it’s taking 10 days for applications to be processed and then another 5 days to go through examination in Liverpool. Other offices are moving faster.

jespop30
    Participant

I need it for the 4th April, and I can’t even move the holiday as it’s gone up by 3 grand 😭. It’s been almost 4 weeks since they logged the documents as received, and almost 6 weeks since they received application and no idea how many weeks it has been since I submitted the application

Badger
    Participant

This is terribly depressing. When we applied for a child renewal, it was 3 weeks turnaround and we sent it 5 weeks before our travel date.

Application online: Feb 20th
    Documents signed for: Feb 25th
    Tracker: still saying send documents.

Keep getting emails to say send documents so it’s still not on the system. Just talked to the advice line, who just kept sighing heavily. I know they are busy but they should not be showing their frustration in such a way.

All I wanted to know was whether they had the documents ( apparently “they’ll be on someones desk somewhere”), or whether I could get the dual nation passport sent back so we could at least use that? Apparently not!

My complaint is 1) why have a tracker if it is not fit for purpose and 2) why have a current time of 4 weeks if it that is from processing, not from application. It is misleading.

HUMEN
    Participant

I have only called once and that was when I was concerned why my passport was not showing as being delivered on my royal mail tracking so I haven’t really bugged them or anything I swear it is luck !
    Have you had good news with yours Lauraf?

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.