Liverpool

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Liverpool

• This topic has 1,417 replies, 273 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by han22.
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 1,414 total)
  • Author
    stephanieella
    Participant

Just thought I would update you guys with my current wait time. Due to travel next week. Will have to postpone as passport office cannot give any indication on when I will get it.
    They had my documents signed for on the 17th feb

Application being processed 12:16pm on 4 March 2022
    Documents received 2:52pm on 2 March 2022
    Application received 9:18am on 16 February 2022
    Identity details received 9:18am on 16 February 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 4:27pm on 14 February 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 11:40am on 14 February 2022
    Application submitted 11:40am on 14 February 2022

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by stephanieella.

kelso
    Participant

My partner has been advised they are working through docs received from royal mail on the 25th. Hopefully you hear something today badger.

I have one document that was signed for on the 25th. The other the 28th. (Even though both send 1st class signed for)

I dont know how I’ve not crashed their site the amount of times I’m checking the tracker

kelso
    Participant

Stephanie thats so frustrating. How late can you leave it before having to change your holiday?

Like someone said previously its the cost implications of these changes.

Don’t know why they aren’t just dishing out overtime to the passport office staff to sort this backlog

stephanieella
    Participant

I’m going to leave it until Friday. But I’m due to start work in a different country next week. So hopefully they will allow me to postpone.

I know I’ve been checking non stop. Only looks like it’s Liverpool suffering with a backlog.

isabel
    Participant

Is Bootle the same as Liverpool? I sent documents on 26th but these haven’t been received yet – this is for an adult renewal

Badger
    Participant

Thanks for that Kelso! You made me laugh about crashing the tracker!

lauraf1991
    Participant

It is only Liverpool suffering currently – something has clearly gone wrong in the last couple of weeks. But what that is they’re unwilling to say.

As somebody who has chased everyday since 22nd Feb and submitted their application on 7th Feb here is what I’ve learnt.

The system goes – documents received (normally takes 8 days), documents processing (can take 2/3 weeks), awaiting examination (currently adding 1 week), in examination (5-10 days), more info/approved (quick), sent (2-3 days).It’s more like a 6 week process right now.

If your flight time fits in that you should be fine. But if not you’re better taking the risk of recalling documents and trying to get an in-day process if you have under 4 weeks.

There are exceptions to this – some people just get lucky and go application received, documents received, application approved. It depends what pile you’re in and I was told this is random. They don’t work through in date order or any other order they were willing to tell me.

I’d advise you all to fill in the survey and give them the feedback that it’s unhelpful to have an IVR saying ‘average is 4 weeks’ when it isn’t. And that the agents don’t seem to know anything and just get frustrated (which I can understand)but either have agents who can help and prioritise or get rid of the tracking system. The two things are clearly incompatible.

The complaint lady told me I’d likely have my passport late next week. There’s no compensation as they have the 10 week loophole so weigh up whether it’s better to pay twice for an application or lose the holiday.

han1
    Participant

Just to offer some hope to people, I have been worried as I’m travelling on the 11th April but my passport skipped the processing stage!
    Application submitted: 13th February
    Documents received: 1st March
    Application approved: 6th March
    Passport printed & sent: 8th March
    I was also really worried about my digital photo however it has passed without rejection! Good luck all

bettydove1
    Participant

heartbroken had to change flights from weds to sun now and don’t even know if it will definitely arrive by then…spoke to TNT after not receiving any tracking info..they haven’t even got it!! So frustrated and upset..hoping it will arrive in time as I’ve got to reapply for ESTA forms with new passport no. they really need to use a different courier service as it seems no one gets a good amount of reliable info

jespop30
    Participant

Finally had a call back after requesting one 11 days ago.
    It was discussed that as I am due to fly on the 4th of April, instead of waiting for an update from examiner, I am going to send my marriage certificate in, as she can’t guarantee they will link to my application as my application has been approved and received my end. So that will take 8 working days at least to be logged on the system, and then if my son’s application is on hold it will flag up, and will be looked at fairly quickly. This will leave about 10 days before our holiday, cutting it fine.
    When I have previously had an application on hold, and I’ve send what they needed, it was approved 1 or 2 days after they recieved that information

warrennorton21
    Participant

Hi guys, new to the forum chat. I’ve been keeping up with all of your applications. This is my application timeline:

Application being processed 10:20am on 24 February 2022
    Identity details received 2:18pm on 18 February 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 2:11pm on 18 February 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 2:05pm on 18 February 2022
    Application submitted 2:05pm on 18 February 2022

Like many I am also stuck in the limbo of Liverpool processing. What are you guys saying to agents to get call backs or any agent to actually care about you situation? So far I’ve rang twice today and last week, I got zero help or info at all. The gents both times just merely read out the status of my application and told me what I already know. I fly out on the 26th of March, realistically what chance do I stand of making that?

lauraf1991
    Participant

To be blunt Warrennorton21 the basic agents don’t care and can’t tell you a lot more than what you see online. The processing team can give you a little more detail but not a lot really – the callback wait for them is apparently about 4/5 days but I waited 7. They should be able to tell you whether you’re awaiting examination or in examination (timescales for that in my post above).

If you can bear waiting on the phone for 40 minutes you can try Liverpool directly.

At the moment I’d say your application is really tight as processing seems to be a bit like purgatory. Some people get out quickly but others are stuck there weeks and there is no rhyme or reason to that.

I’d try and find out if you’re just processing, awaiting examination or in examination. But really your best bet may be to declare the passport lost and book a week slot. You will have to pay twice.

user7654321
    Participant

Hello all, I am also stuck in Liverpool processing hell. My timeline as follows for a first child passport, applying from outside the UK:

Documents Received (according to Royal Mail): 2 February
    Documents received (according to tracker): 10 February
    Application being processed: 22 February

I called the Passport Office today to follow up and was not given very helpful information, other than to learn the application had made its way to Liverpool (the documents were originally sent to Durham). That led me to this thread.

The one action that I would recommend taking is to write to your MP. Go to https://members.parliament.Uk/members/Commons and search using your post code to find contact details.

I have done so and received a very quick response that they would raise it with the UK Visa and Immigration team at the Home Office. If everyone does the same thing and a large number of MPs reach out to that team my (perhaps naive) hope would be that it will be flagged there is a major issue and action will be taken to solve the problem. With everything going on in the world it may simply be that whoever shouts loudest at the moment gets the attention. Hopefully we can collectively raise our voices higher than the rest.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by user7654321.
    jespop30
    Participant

Lauraf1991 – my call back wait time was 11 days.

They need to sort out whatever is going on in the Liverpool office, as wasn’t this bad when I applied to renew my passport beginning of January

warrennorton21
    Participant

Hi, I thought as much with the standard agents. So do I call Liverpool directly and ask to be put through to processing or? I’m a complete novice at all this.

My old passport was actually lost, I declared it lost before applying and the portal took me straight to a renew and I stupidly didn’t realise that I could use the week service for a lost passport :(. Am I out of options now or is the below still relevant?

“But really your best bet may be to declare the passport lost and book a week slot. You will have to pay twice.” – how do I even do this? Is it fail safe or is there a risk in cancelling the application? Does cancellation take ages?

Isn’t it baffling that we are in 2022; somebody on a forum such as yourself is far more genuine and helpful than the people actually employed to do this.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 1,414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.