Liverpool

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Liverpool

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 1,414 total)
  • Author
    Frustrated_1
    Participant

If you are lucky and someone helpful calls you back then maybe they can speed up your application. My application has been in processing since 28 Feb and I just called to find out it is not in examination yet! The advisor could only say wait until 10 weeks despite several notes on my file explaining that I need this urgently for employment purposes. I have no hope that it will be completed within the 10 weeks

djbdane
    Participant

I have no hope that it will be completed within the 10 weeks

Maybe speak to your MP – I’ve just had a 4 month drama with the DVLA with a licence and in the end the intervention of my MP seemed to move it on – admittedly my MP is Matt Hancock and he seemed to be on a rehabilitation tour so was only too happy to help – yours may be less enthusiastic!

Stp
    Participant

First time posting,
    Applied for my first adult passport on 5th march, confirmed ID and sent the documents on the 5th (annoyingly a Saturday so post office waited until Monday to process and delivered Tuesday)
    Signed for by them at 10am on the 8th but still not showing on application now over 10 working days later.

Not sure if it’s too soon to start worrying but my other half pushed to book a holiday 11 weeks after application (their website said 4 weeks wait at the time with the “allow up to 10”). Having a timeframe I can’t help but worry that the easiest part of opening and logging a letter is taking so long.

Has contacting them actually helped anyone at the send documents part?
    Or has anyone else sent their documents around the same time that have been processed?

Badger
    Participant

Delighted that so many passports are coming through.

Not the case for my daughters. Requested supporting documents back so we could travel this weekend – a decision made after documents sat in postroom for 19 days after delivery and it became clear that UK passport would not be delivered in time.

Email confirmation from HMPO on 10 March that supporting documents would take 5-7 days. Since then, nothing except they moved my documents from Liverpool to Newport and back again. Alerts put on but they are useless and I’m so angry at some of the patronising conversations telling me that I have to be patient and it’s all in hand. I would be more patient if my documents were treated with more care and they actually did what they said they were going to.

Customers expect transparency and clarity – something clearly lacking here.

I have actually made a formal complaint. I understand there is a process but we made decisions based on information provided by HMPO staff and it appears there is no actual workable process. Not sure why they bother answering the phone at all

djbdane
    Participant

Customers expect transparency and clarity – something clearly lacking here.

Exactly – the up in the air time frames are not acceptable. If it’s going to take ten weeks then the website should say it will take 10 weeks, not ‘allow up to’ – be honest with people about timescales, so people can make informed decisions – and if demand is overwhelming the processing (and potentially again as COVID cases seem to be increasing staff illness may be an issue) then tell people – if we know we can deal with it!

LKT1990
    Participant

If it’s taking up to 10 weeks, then I should be able to chase up and push my applications from 7/8 weeks considering the varied times that TNT are taking but of course, that’s not the case 🙄

isabel
    Participant

Mine has also just arrived after 25 days!

Timeline was as follows:
    Passport printed 10:14am on 19 March 2022
    Application approved 2:46pm on 12 March 2022
    Documents received 5:19pm on 9 March 2022
    Application received 6:48pm on 25 February 2022
    Application submitted 6:47pm on 25 February 2022

GPopp
    Participant

Hi Isabel,

Did you get texts/emails on it moving through the system and in sequence or dod the documents arrived and approved appear at same time – When did your documents actually arrive at passport offices – the application received, documents being delivered and them saying they have them seems to be a long and variable step.

thanks

Guy

isabel
    Participant

Hi Guy!

I got emails once their system showed that they had received my documents, when it was approved and then printed. I sent my documents on 26th Feb and they were received per the Royal Mail tracking on 1st March but the system didn’t update them as being received until 9th March. I had an email on 19th March to say that my passport had been printed but only received TNT tracking this morning and was delivered the same day. Hope that helps! It does seem to be a very random and variable process, I hope you get yours sorted soon

Badger
    Participant

This is what I find frustrating. How can people who applied after us have passports printed and delivered? Ours was straightforward – no changes since the last one.
    My application was 20 Feb, documents signed for on 25 Feb and not even shown as registered until March 16th.

ADgrams
    Participant

@badger I agree. Delighted for those that have received passports but cannot help feeling angry and frustrated that ours were submitted One mid January and the other mid February have been in processing since 4 March. Others after that date are already delivered. How is that 🤷‍♀️😭 both simple child renewals 😡

jespop30
    Participant

I know how frustrating it is for all of you. My son’s first passport was submitted on the 8th January, and it only got approved yesterday, so now waiting on another update. All the other passports I did at the same time came back within 3 weeks, that was 3 renewals and another child’s first passport. We fly in like 12 days. They really need to sort the system as passports shouldn’t be taking this long surely.

Badger
    Participant

Interesting ADgrams that yours are also child renewals – wonder if that area is proving the most problematic.

de76
    Participant

Hi all my passport was approved on Friday 18th. What is the chances I will receive soon ? Many thanks Denise

ADgrams
    Participant

Not sure Badger what’s going on and actually don’t think HMPO have a clue either. Seems simple that those that need checked are done in order but obviously that would be far too easy 🙄

Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 1,414 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.