New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    katiedacre
    Participant

Can anyone tell me what number they got a call from for the Liverpool upgrade?

I applied 12 days ago for an upgrade and fly on the 5th May.

It is for a child’s renewal.

They keep telling me different as to whether I’m eligible or not 🙈

amber9514
    Participant

I was told by the lady I spoke to when I applied for my daughters upgrade that they will call off a withheld number 🤦‍♀️ Have you tried resending your email again? It seems to be pot luck when they answer, but don’t loose hope some people have been getting a call the day before they go away to collect there passport. Keep chasing them through the main number and try emailing again. You would definitely be eligible if you are going away so soon and it’s for a renewal. Good luck 🤞

Nervouswreck7
    Participant

Hello Team,

You asked for an update so here I am. We had zero response to each of our online forms requesting contact, our polite emails detailing our situation / travel dates and various telephone calls trying to request an application update. I desperately rang again on Saturday but after holding for over two hours, I was once again cut off.

Our holiday ticketing deadline was Saturday and we either had to move our holiday at a cost of thousands of pounds or take a punt our passport would arrive in time using the upgrade lottery process but if not, lose thousands of pounds by gambling its arrival as once ticketed, our holiday became non-refundable / changeable and we travel in a few weeks.

Given the shambles of the passport office and their actions to date, we just couldn’t take the risk and we therefore rescheduled our holiday at a cost of thousands of pounds, all because we originally applied for a passport based on their processing advice of 3-4 weeks, which they then moved the goalposts of during the processing of our application.

Knowing that we’ve paid for our application to gather dust in the application being processed stage for almost two months because of their system error, is quite frankly unacceptable. Being told that there is an upgrade system in place which is actually like a lottery system for a, rare, allocated winner, is also unacceptable. People are being told that the upgrade team are not working this weekend whilst others are receiving telephone calls from the upgrade team. All systems in place at the passport office have been proven not to work. It is absolutely outrageous that it is us who are suffering because of their incompetence by missing holidays, paying to move them and all whilst paying for the privilege to do so. *RANTS ON*

The upgrade system isn’t guaranteed but people are gambling on this and still missing holidays. We just couldn’t risk this as an option as there was too much money at stake which is why we moved our holiday only a few hours before it was ticketed. If you are able to do this too please do think about this as an option. It is heartbreaking to see so many people miss their holiday and those their money thinking an upgrade is coming when the reality is only a few are given the chance despite promises being made.

I wish you all so much luck with your own applications, my nerves could no longer take the gamble!

Lucyweb27
    Participant

Does anyone know the email for Peterborough or get a reply? I think I’ve got it wrong

danielb12345
    Participant

Dear Customer

We have received your upgrade request and noted your travel date is 13/05/2022.

Upgrade requests are prioritised by date of travel. Therefore, we will be in touch with you as soon as we can.

Please do not send more emails as this may delay your upgrade request.

Her Majesty’s Passport Office

Hoping they get back to me asap :/ stressed!!

This what I had back off them on Sunday.

Lucyweb27
    Participant

Is this for Peterborough I’ve had nothing back. What email did you use?

danielb12345
    Participant

No this was for durham. Feels like I’m going around in circles with it tho tbh.

amber9514
    Participant

@danielb12345 when did you apply for your upgrade? I travel on the 15/05/22 and applied on Sunday and haven’t had any reply back from Durham confirming they have received my upgrade request 🤦‍♀️

danielb12345
    Participant

It was Sunday I applied. I don’t think there’s a specific upgrade team for each passport office. As when I spoke on the phone this morning they said my application was at Newport lol. I’ve seen people say the Irish upgrade team have rang them etc. all a bit confusing tbh, my email was very polite etc. I’m going on the 13/5/22 so got 10 days. I’ve seen people getting thrrr passport 1 day before travel. I’m debating to drive to Newport branch and see if I can speak to them in any way. It’s only 15 mins up the road.

amber9514
    Participant

What email did you use to upgrade? I sent my daughters off to DurhamUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk I’m stressing they haven’t got it as I haven’t had any response from them 😩 I’m on hold now to them but can see it taking a long time to answer 🤦‍♀️

danielb12345
    Participant

DurhamUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk

That’s the one they replied from. The people on the phone can’t do much tbh, they just say they will put you on the call back team as URGENT. It’s so stressful tbh.

amber9514
    Participant

It really is so stressful 😩 wish I new about the 10 week wait I would of definitely done the fast track option. Was that the email address you sent yours too aswell? I’m thinking I should maybe send it again from my other email and see if I get an automated response that way 🤔 I’m going to ask the people on the phone line and see what they say 🤞 it’s pot luck who answers the phone, some of them are really helpful others seem like they don’t no what there doing 🙄

hayleylou
    Participant

So stressful.hope your passports arrive on time. We are currently waiting on our 2 sons passports. Travelling on the 17/05. We sent applications off in February. I’ve Spend hours on the phone. It’s so stressful and have been told I might not hear anything up until 2days before we fly!

amber9514
    Participant

It’s crazy how they can expect people to wait until that close to going away! It’s like there’s no system atall, everyone says something different, the order of who’s passports gets done seems to be in a random order. Been on hold over an hour so far just prey they answer soon and can put my mind at rest. I’m really worried where I haven’t had an automatic email back that they haven’t received my daughters upgrade request 😩 has anyone had a successful upgrade without having an automatic reply when they first applied for an upgrade??

danielb12345
    Participant

They said it was on 5 weeks then after I replied it when to 10 I was fuming. Should of done the fast track myself. Yea that was the email address I sent to, I was shocked when they replied tbh as it was direct email to me not an automated one. Yea you don’t no what your going to get on the phones tbh I’ve all sorts of answers. Some really helpful some not. I had a 3 way call with the advisor and her manger and both were really good and were putting some emails and urgent call backs for me. I’ve seen a few people on here say that ain’t heard nothing back till a few days before etc. I’m going to hope they contact me before the weekend if not going to see if I can change my holiday. If not my partner & son can’t come so I’m 🙏

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.