New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    danielb12345
    Participant

Yea it is crazy tbh. The back log probs crazy so feel for them tbh. Yea I don’t no how they issue the passports tbh I felt a little relived having a direct reply from them but still stressed lol! I have sent some emails and not had automated reply to tha same email.

If you word it like this.

Expedite PEX
    Holiday travel – 13th may 2022
    Applicant –
    D.O.B –
    Address –

Contact number –
    Email address –
    Proof of travel – (photos)

In subject write

Expedite PEX (Your number) urgent with your travel date.

I done it tha way and they replied. I had this info off someone else and it worked for them to.

amber9514
    Participant

Ahh brilliant thank you, I will try that now, I’ve been on hold now for 1hour 42 mins 😩 I’m sorry if this sound stupid but I don’t want to get this wrong, what does Expedite pec mean? Is that my tracking number? I’m going to write the email out now, I’m preying for an automatic reply 🤞 I’m going to use my other email aswell just incase that works better, thank you again for your help 🙌

danielb12345
    Participant

Your welcome, I ain’t to sure lol my friend said put it I did and they did reply. Expedite PEX 123 123 123 (your num) hope you get it all sorted x

amber9514
    Participant

Omg thank you so much it worked!! I’m just hoping it’s okay I’ve done it from another email address but I’m sure that won’t matter, ahh your a life saver 🙌🙌 I can’t remember giving my email address to the upgrade team or not when I applied, ahh I’m so pleased to have the automated response 🙌 anyone else reading this take the advice it definitely works straight away!!

amber9514
    Participant

Ahhh thank you so so much it worked 🙌 ahh I’m over the moon just to no the emails worked!! I used my other email address just incase which I’m sure will be okay as I no they contact by phone anyways, you are a life saver 🙌 I put the phone down at 2 hours of waiting once that email worked, I feel a lot better now. Again thank you so much and anyone else reading this that needs the same please take this advice 🙌

homersimo1
    Participant

Brilliant well done.

Mine was approved after I emailed them so waiting for the printed and sent update.

Fly 19/20th (early morning 20th)

I’m expecting Thursday I should have a update but if not Friday I will be chasing up.

One thing I have noticed is it seems that passport aren’t being done in order and for me that is a unfair system open to abuse.
    Obviously some might need extra documents but surely these go into a separate folder.

hayleylou
    Participant

That’s brilliant. Did they call you Amber? I sent an email this morning but haven’t heard anything. Might send another one tomorrow with how Daniel has said too

amber9514
    Participant

No haven’t had a call but I got an automatic response exactly the same as Daniels. I no it’s not a guarantee upgrade but the relief knowing they have atleast acknowledged it has really made me more at ease 🙌 I’m going to call again tomorrow and just let them no I’ve emailed from a different email address from the one on the passport form not that it should make any difference but just so they no. If you haven’t had an automatic reply definitely send the email exactly how Daniel said, I got an instant reply. It’s so strange how it works, wish I had tried it from my normal email but didn’t want to risk it going wrong again as I don’t want to send to many emails and them get annoyed and not do the upgrade. Just trying to do everything properly so I have more change of getting my daughters passport back in time 🤞

Blackhall96
    Participant

@danielb12345

Where they at all bothered that your application was in Newport? Or where they happy to rpoceed with the upgrade at Durham?

Mines at Peterborough but I’ve not heard a thing and I travel on 12/05 so getting a bit worried and may follow what you done by emailing Durham

David Gartside
    Participant

Afternoon All,
    Agreed the whole process is a total shambles with absolutely no ownership.
    My wife applied for a first passport on 11 March 2022 (latest processing times sat at 5 weeks)-tracker updated on 29 March 2022 as documents received.

In the interim did the usual chasers by phone and was told by the progress team it had just been approved on 15th April 2022 and was waiting to go to print.

Informed a few days later NOT APPROVED when I chased for an update – in the interim travel had been booked given the apparent good news.

Lost count the number of times I’ve chased for an update – it was only after I contacted my local MP (who emailed the Home Office)on 28th April 2022 that tracker changed to being processed.

Passport has since moved from Liverpool to London and is now in Durham! Promised it would be expedited via the upgrade service – heard absolutely nothing – with travel due on 6 May I have no faith whatsoever of it arriving. Friends of my wife in exactly the same situation have applied weeks later and received a passport

Time for a new Home Secretary – current incumbent is clueless.

hayleylou
    Participant

It is so cruel. I hope you get your passports David

arnoldol
    Participant

Has anyone gone to their local passport office to chase up what is going on?

The upgrade is a shambles. No response from glasgow for me. Advice line may as well not employ the robots they do as they can’t do anything useful. Most useful thing they are allowed to do on a day is go home. Seriously considering travelling to glasgow tomorrow

Andrew0510
    Participant

I’d hate to darken the clouds here but I’ve had those replies from the London office (my local) and Liverpool (where my application is) emails were sent with two weeks notice and I missed my flight today as my sons passport didn’t come (he’s 4 months old).

I had his elder sisters in 4 weeks even with a rejected photo.
    It was a 5 week wait when I submitted back in February.

I’d got through to management teams who hadn’t recieved any guidance and been placed on urgent call backs with urgent flags/messages definitely more than 5 times.

In my opinion.. Asking once and being patient might be the way forward as panicking and hassling the call lines hasn’t worked for me.

0300 222 000 main phone
    0300 222 1973
    0300 123 1973
    0300 105 0850 progress team
    01633 285 419

These are all the live numbers that I’ve collected over the last two weeks of interactions.

Good luck all

hayleylou
    Participant

Andrew that’s awful. Did you get any response from emails or phone calls? Liverpool is where my sons passports are being held too. Applied back in February too!

amber9514
    Participant

It’s so unfair 😔 the whole system seems a shambles. They need to put in a proper system of how to deal with applications rather than just accepting people at random and leaving others in limbo for ages! I’m not holding out much hope after seeing how many people have been let down. For those who are still waiting good luck 🤞

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.