New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    jrt654
    Participant

Im mesnt to be travelling on 6th may but daughters passport isnt here yet so i tried upgrading. When submitting the upgrade request 8 days ago i had an email and call from the upgrade team, pretty much telling me to sit tight and wait for the call from the upgrade department. Im now supposed to fly in 3 days with no call and no clue whats going on with the upgrade. They received all the documents needed weeks ago so im not sure what the hold up is. Anyone had a similar situation and what was the outcome? Thanks

Andrew0510
    Participant

@danielb12345

I travelled 6 hours total to Newport. I paid £122 for a child’s 1 week Fastrack. To cancel my current standard and upgrade that way. I took a paper application and another birth certificate signed photo etc.
    Turned away and unable to help.

By my own admission.. Totally my choice but desperation makes you stupid.

The Welsh lads on the door weren’t that friendly either! Ha

My local MP also sent an email 2 weeks ago with no joy.
    The public service and health ombudsmans is preparing for a complaints influx.
    Twitter is also a good source of info. #passportproblems #hmpassport #hmpofails

hayleylou
    Participant

@jrt654
    No sorry my flight isn’t until the 18th May but please keep us posted if you receive your passports 🤞 I was told it can be 2 days before which is crazy. There is no reassurance from them

AimlessWanderer
    Participant

Applied for 2 first child passports on 11 March when there was a 5 week advised lead time, with documents being sent special next day delivery. Despite this my documents took a shocking 3 weeks to be received, which was on 5 April (also after hours of calls and 6 advised “call backs” which never happened.) They have been in the “processing” queue since 7 April. My daughters are 2 and 6 months, and we are due to have our first family holiday next Tuesday 10/5. I emailed Durham upgrade team last Tuesday, and I did receive an automated reply and a call the next day from a lady saying they are being processed in travel order and not to keep emailing them, however had no further information. Currently stressed out and losing hope, does anyone have any success stories?

CJames1702
    Participant

Hello all,

Just wondering if someone advise me what evidence you need to prove you are travelling in 2 weeks?

Is purchase receipt of travel from airline sufficient proof on its own?

Thanks

hayleylou
    Participant

@CJames1702
    Yes I believe just proof of flights with dates

hayleylou
    Participant

It seems to be childrens passports that everyone is waiting on. Mine and my husbands passports took 4 weeks. Still waiting 10weeks for my 2 sons ages 11 and 14

hayleylou
    Participant

James I believe it’s just proof of flight dates

BeccaL
    Participant

I’m going to the USA to get married at the end of the month. Application has been in processing for 5 weeks. Starting to panic as i’ve heard nothing. I have no idea where my application is, I assume it’s London as that’s my closest office – although i can see from other peoples comments on here that’s not always the case. Does anyone have the London office upgrades dept email address? In preparation for if it doesn’t arrive before the 2 week mark.
    Please wish me luck! Absolutely pooing myself

amber9514
    Participant

I’ve spoken to someone this morning from the progress team. They have changed the way they are doing the upgrades now, instead of contacting within 1-2days they are now contacting in date order of travel and are contacting people 48-72hours before departure, I leave on Sunday 15th and he said I’m likely to get my daughters passport on Saturday the 14th 😬 it feels way too close for comfort, I asked if I can collect from my local passport office which apparently I can’t as it’s getting printed in Durham, I’m thinking of taking the 10 hour round trip to collect it (if I’m lucky and do get it printed in time) as I’m too worried about leaving it so close in the hands of delivery drivers.

flyyngonthe4theeek
    Participant

I’m on my way to pick my new passport up now I was dealt with by the Glasgow team but boy was that a horrible ride but plenty emails, complaints and phone calls gets your heard. Make sure what the customer service team are telling you the correct information you can only know that by speaking to someone else. I wouldn’t even bother with no one but progress team. Good luck guys!

flyyngonthe4theeek
    Participant

Hi guys

I’m on my way to passport office to Collect my passport after a long wait but a series of phone calls, emails and complaints gets your voice heard. I would speak to no one but progress team as the customer service team half of them don’t have a clue and literally improvising. Shocking really, I’m due to fly today and collecting my passport today so don’t give up hope till the fat lady sings.

Good luck!

flyyngonthe4theeek
    Participant

@ amber9514 that bullshit they can print it anywhere that’s what I’m talking about getting the correct information my app was dealt with in Glasgow the upgrade women said they just send it to your local passport office to be printed

arnoldol
    Participant

How do you speak to the progress team? Anyone got a number?

jrt654
    Participant

@flyyngonthe4theeek were you waiting on the upgrade team to call you back? If so how far before your flight did they call? And what stage was your application at online when they called? 10 of us are supposed to be flying on the 6th and haven’t heard anything back yet..just an email last week saying that the upgrade team will be in touch.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.