New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    Blackhall96
    Participant

Just spoke to them on that number myself. Got “put through” a number of times to the upgrade team before cutting out after 2 hours on hold (twice). to then be told the third time that they can’t put you through

Applied for upgrade last thursday, travel next thursday. Getting quite anxious about it all now

arnoldol
    Participant

CJames1702 – don’t hold your breath. They are not contacting anyone in the original two working days. They are working through Upgrades in travel date order and mostly contacting people two or three days before the travel date.

Blackhall96 – surprised you got “put through” to the upgrade team as I have been told for the last week since I applied for the Upgrade that that is impossible and cannot be done. They most likely tried to put you through to the Progress Team. I hope you get it sorted though. We travel next Friday and no further forward. We have until Tuesday to decide whether to move the holiday (at huge cost) or wait it out and risk paying for a brand new holiday.

Blackhall96
    Participant

@Arnoldol yeah I was surprised myself to be fair, it was the first woman who put me through immediately without me even asking, so assumed you could. Only took until the third person to tell me that it’s not possible

I really hope they sort you out, it’s horrible seeing people have to sacrifice money either way. Please let me know if they ring you 2/3 days before. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you

arnoldol
    Participant

@Blackhall96 – thanks. I have no faith they will and as I said we have to pull the trigger so to speak sometime on Tuesday. Its amazing how with a few quid chucked there way they are upgrading and getting people their passports. Absolute con

JadeWinnitt
    Participant

I travel next Thursday received my sons first time application back after 4 weeks mines a renewal they’ve had it now for 6 weeks. Put in for the upgrade (I’ve emailed every passport office) heard nothing. On hold for over 2 hours (main number transferred me to it) to be told the upgrade service is not a guarantee and won’t get a call until 48 hours before I fly and that’s a big IF I get a call back it’s absolutely ridiculous I’ve had stress headaches everyday all day as do I sit and wait for these for bite the bullet and push the holiday back!

psmith11
    Participant

I am travelling on the 11th of May so a few days time and I sent my passport in back in March for a name change. Status has been on processing since the 13th of April. I am getting really worried now and every time I call up I get left on hold or get told they are going to send an urgent call back email to the upgrades team whom will apparently call me back within 48hrs.

This has been ongoing now for a week calling numerous times being told similar stuff. I have been asked to email liverpoolupgrade team who will apparently call me to take payment etc but til now no calls

I have also gone on to email all the other upgrade teams with the required information.

Does anyone know if they are likely to call me 48hrs prior to my travel date or is that just another incorrect piece of information.

feeling soo stressed out over this

hayleylou
    Participant

I feel the same. We fly on the 18th. Don’t know if to take the chance and wait for a call 2 days before we fly. It doesn’t seem fair. Be good to hear if upgrade system is working and people are receiving their passports in time

snooky
    Participant

Hi, we didn’t hear from upgrade team in the first week so called again and they told us to send request email again. Then after 3 days got an email asking a few details which I sent. My wife gkt a call today and picking the passport up from London Tomorrow. Will believe it when its in our hands. Flying Sunday 8th of May, there us hope with the upgrades still just very slow!! Good luck

psmith11
    Participant

I am just confused as to how they do not care that people could be losing thousands of pounds on bookings etc. I think keep emailing the upgrade teams every other day whereas you still have another week to go

I have til Sunday to cancel my hotel I have paid over a thousand pound for but its such a gamble because if I cancel and they call on Monday then I lose out and if I don’t cancel and they don’t call I can lose all that money.

Anyone got feedback regarding g this apparent 48hr call before travel day?

snooky
    Participant

Hi, we didn’t hear from upgrade team in the first week so called again and they told us to send request email again. Then after 3 days got an email asking a few details which I sent. My wife gkt a call today and picking the passport up from London Tomorrow. Will believe it when its in our hands. Flying Sunday 8th of May, there is hope with the upgrades still just very slow!! Good luck

homersimo1
    Participant

Received my childs renewal today.

Took exactly 5 weeks and 3 days (you could not count the 3 days as we had 3 bank holidays)

I was asked to send the birth certificate which wasn’t acknowledged on the tracking so after 2 weeks I then used the liverpoolupgradeteam@hmpo.gov.uk address and just give my details and explained after 2 weeks (sending birth cert) I’m worried they might need more information (marriage cert).

1 hour after I sent this email my status updated to approved 29th then printed 3rd then a txt to say out for delivery.
    Maybe a coincidence but I think I’ve made someone look at mine to process as it is was straight forward renewal.

Hope this helps someone and goodluck to everyone.

Lauramaria23
    Participant

Was yours an online application? Did you send the email to the upgrade office 2 weeks before you were due to fly or earlier than this? I have been told mine are 2 simple child renewals, done through post office check and send.I need them by 3.5 weeks time. I did only apply 3 and a half weeks ago though.

hayleylou
    Participant

Does anyone have the number for Liverpool office?
    Thanks

hayleylou
    Participant

@jessicab did you receive your passports in time for your holiday?

amber9514
    Participant

@homersimo1 was yours being processed at Liverpool?

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.