New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    SW76
    Participant

Does anyone have the number for the Durham office?

homersimo1
    Participant

I did it online and I only emailed 3 weeks before our holiday but I didn’t send any request for upgrade or holiday details (just that we are going the 20th May)

Yes to my understanding it was Bootle that I was returning the passport and birth cert.

I never got a reply to the email just the application process approved update 1 hour later.
    So maybe it was a coincidence but it doesn’t seem so.

Tara A
    Participant

I’ve bitten the bullet and emailed the Durham upgrade team with the details provided on here because the agents wouldn’t give us the details over the phone. I’m hoping we get something from it I’ve received an automated email back so that seems like a good sign!

hayleylou
    Participant

@amber9514 have you heard anymore from upgrade team?
    I’ve sent 2 emails. One on Saturday and one Wednesday. I received automatic reply to both but haven’t heard anything. I’ve been stuck at work the last 3 days so haven’t been able to call. Hoping I can speak to someone tonight or tomorrow. How soon after email do the upgrade team normally call?

Tara A
    Participant

My partner just received a call from the processing team/upgrade team, they advised to send over separate emails for both applications to back up her email with the subject as the day we fly and that the upgrade will contact us within 2 days!! Let’s hope!

lib2022
    Participant

I travel in TWO DAYS Sunday 8/5/22 and they haven’t called- called the progress team yesterday and the guy resubmitted my upgrade request but they haven’t called yet???? What time do they phone??? HAS to be today

Rub_03hen
    Participant

What email did you use for the Durham office?

AimlessWanderer
    Participant

Received a call from Peterborough upgrade team today! My 2 first child applications were approved 30 mins later and I can collect from Durham on Monday afternoon before our first family holiday early hours Tuesday morning. Relief isn’t the word – hopefully this will be a glimmer of hope for those of you travelling next week 🙂

JadeWinnitt
    Participant

Lib2022 did they call you? The anxiety is awful!!

lib2022
    Participant

No they haven’t called and I go on Sunday 🙁

arnoldol
    Participant

@AimlessWanderer glad you got sorted. We never received an automated response from the Peterborough upgrade team. Can you confirm the address we used. We are meant to fly a week today and applied on the 13th march. Passport office treat people like shit

lib2022
    Participant

No they didn’t call. Going on Sunday so can’t see Belfast calling tomorrow!!

hayleylou
    Participant

Have you heard anything @lib2022

hayleylou
    Participant

Have you heard anything @lib2022
    It’s awful how they are leaving people waiting till last minute

AimlessWanderer
    Participant

Hello mate, I used peterboroughupgradeteam@hmpo.gov.uk, but this will change depending on the office that is processing your passport (if its liverpool etc you just change the name of the office). I don’t know if this makes a difference, but this is the way I structured the email:

Subject: Urgent Upgrade PEX (number)

Following a call today with the advice line I was advised to contact you to upgrade the applications for my passport as our date of travel is on (DATE), 2 weeks away (please see evidence attached, flight reference).
    Please see details below:

Name of applicant:
    Date of Birth:
    PEX number

My contact number is:

Make sure you’ve attached evidence of your travel (flight confirmation etc) Hopefully this helps you get sorted, don’t spend hours on hold with the ‘helpline’ as they are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. The upgrade team do work in datal order allegedly so if you’re travelling on next Friday you should get a call Wednesday/Thursday (huge stress I know)

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.