New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    JadeWinnitt
    Participant

Meant to be Thursday! 12th of May I’m praying they call me this weekend or latest Monday

hayleylou
    Participant

Did you hear back from upgrade team?

hayleylou
    Participant

Have you had your call from the upgrade team?

hayleylou
    Participant

Sorry that question was for @psmith11 and @lib2022

shahaed1990
    Participant

Hopefully you get a call from upgrade team by monday

JadeWinnitt
    Participant

Unfortunately not but I have been told they call 72 / 48 hours before you fly! So Tuesday is my dead line. But processing also told me it’s not guaranteed either I hear the waiting call song in my sleep now I’m on the phone to them all day everyday lol

hayleylou
    Participant

It’s cruel how they keep people waiting. I’ve got till the 18th. I’m sure by the end of this week I will be a stressed to the max! Has anyone had them call on the weekend or do they only call working week days??

JadeWinnitt
    Participant

I know but I do sympathise with them to be fair this is the biggest back log they’ve ever faced. I spoke to someone today who said the upgrade team don’t work weekends (although Newport emailed me back today) apparently where ever the passport is you need that office to approve it first then it can be printed at any passport office. For some reason mines in Belfast! And I live in Birmingham I’m praying they call me Monday!

arnoldol
    Participant

@JadeWinnett when do you fly? I spoke to progress team today via a call back and they said upgrade are working weekend as they are pushing to get things moving. Same old different story anytime you speak to HMPO. I fly on Friday. It’s not feeling promising. Although today did say Peterborough had acknowledged it into their queue yesterday

JadeWinnitt
    Participant

I thought so! I think this is the worse of it always being told something different! Is that what the progress team told you that they had acknowledged it? Are you ringing the main number to get through to progress or 973 at the end? Im not either to be honest. I fly on Thursday so Tuesday is the latest I can wait for them to call me

arnoldol
    Participant

It was a call back from the progress team logged through the main number. But not much point in calling any number really. We have to decide by end of Tuesday whether to pay to move our holiday or not. It’s such a joke. Peterborough don’t even have an automated email response when you send it to the upgrade team.

LNO23
    Participant

I can see there are a lot of people in the same
    boat. I have been waiting since April 6th where my application has been processing. My two childrens passports were sent off at the same time have been printed off and returned weeks ago but my status has not changed.

I’ve made numerous calls and get told different things. I have to call tomorrow for the upgrade team as I am supposed to be flying out on the 22nd. I was told I would then get a call back within 48hrs if they can help me but there are no guarantees. This is my last hope to get my passport otherwise I have to cancel my family holiday.

It’s soul destroying as when I first applied I was told turn around time was three weeks.

I have no idea what criteria has to be met to be eligible for an upgrade. My passport went to the Peterborough office and my
    Documents are on the system.

I will be calling again at 9am in the hope of getting through to someone who can help instead of being fobbed off. Good luck to those waiting

StayPositive1
    Participant

Hey everyone, I have been following this for a while. I just wanted to let you know that I applied for the upgrade service on 28/04/22 at Peterborough and did not even receive any acknowledgment (this was for my son’s child renewal).

However this morning I got a call from the Peterborough upgrade team to come and collect his passport tomorrow morning.

So please do not worry if you have not received an acknowledgment.

We fly on 12/05/22.

Good luck to you all x

JadeWinnitt
    Participant

Hi stay positive do you know if your passport was at Peterborough to start with? Mines gone to Belfast for some reason I fly too the 12th. But I was advised when I first applied to email Peterborough even though my passport isn’t there!

arnoldol
    Participant

Hi @StayPositive1 congrats on getting the passport. Did they call really early on a Sunday morning? Lucky you. We fly on the 13th. Desperate to get the call.

Feel like we never will. It’s a joke that the “process” has no way to be tracked

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.