New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    clare_mclaughlin
    Participant

Hi all

So we’re due to fly on 31st May, husbands passport was sent to Corby and is STILL showing as processing. We sent it late March when processing times were showing as 5 weeks. Our daughters was sent at the same time and was received within 3 weeks!

How do I find out which passport office it will have gone to? We are happy to pay for an upgrade, I just need to know which office it will have gone to…..will travel to get it if necessary!

Sorry you’re all in the same boat as me, it’s crazy stressful.

Tara A
    Participant

I call the 0300 222 0000 number option 8 and then option 3

jonesy_78
    Participant

Hi there – travelling on the 15th and eagerly awaiting a call from Durham office for my upgrade. Presumably they just take payment on the phone? I see some of you have emailed for updates. The confirmation reply I got to say that they were dealing with requests in date order advised not to email as this could delay application. Is that true? Which email address are you using please to follow up? Thank you!!

France22
    Participant

Hi All
    I sent husbands damaged passport to Petetborough ( chewed by puppy) received by them 29 April saw on some posts have to write separate statement explaining how damage occurred. Anyone know where we send it to. Tried emailing advice line and no replies. Thank you

arnoldol
    Participant

@Rub_03hen do you know which office are dealing with your application?

The email address is as follows (change for correct office)

PeterboroughUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk
    GlasgowUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk

You can apply at the two weeks to travel point. Put your date of travel as the subject of the email.

Include all details including attaching proof of flights (booking confirmation). You will not be contact within two working days. They are now saying 48-72 hours before travel. They are working in travel date order

Tara A
    Participant

Just had a call back and they advised it takes 2 working days to process so to expect a call today or tomorrow or latest on Monday next week!!! He advised to just sit tight!

claloub
    Participant

So just had email from Peterborough and London upgrade team asking for more information. I have also had a receipt from Newport passport office so my question is are they processing this and if so what office?

Rub_03hen
    Participant

@arnoldol Thanks so much for replying!

I sent the documents to Peterborough but haven’t actually been told who is dealing with it. Would you just go ahead and email and not wait for the call back from the progress team?

samking
    Participant

@claloub when did you sent email to apply for upgrade, good that they have emailed you back. What extra info are they asking for.

claloub
    Participant

Only to confirm his date of birth and PEX number. I have emailed so many office since Sunday and Peterborough asked for tracking number cause they were still waiting to receive old passport which was signed for on 29th April. It’s just so confusing

CharlieMKing
    Participant

Afternoon All,

Out of interest has anyone booked cheap flights so you can use the upgrade service earlier?

We are due to fly 19th June so have a bit of time on our side although im tempted to just booked a cheap flight so I can start the upgrade process now.

Thoughts?

Regards

clare_mclaughlin
    Participant

If I was in your position I’d do the same, but you’d be taking processing away from someone who has a flight within 2 weeks so my conscience wouldn’t let me.

It’s so frustrating seeing people getting theirs back within 2 weeks when we’ve been waiting 8 already and fly in 3 weeks!

wanokuni
    Participant

Hi guys, sorry to message here again.

Just got an email from the upgrade team saying the following

“We have received your upgrade request and noted your travel date is 29/04/2022.

Upgrade requests are prioritised by date of travel. Therefore, we will be in touch with you as soon as we can.

Please do not send more emails as this may delay your upgrade request.”

Should I still bother ringing them 2 weeks before or just wait?? Thanks!

KateKateKate
    Participant

I emailed the upgrade teams at Peterborough and Durham yesterday (I have two late passports in two offices) – we fly on May 25. I haven’t had an acknowledgment or auto-reply and no call. Should I expect them? Or should I follow up with a call?

hreeve3
    Participant

@katekatekate I am in a similar position – I called up to query this and they said the upgrade team are contacting people based on their departure dates and will be in touch a few days before travel. Doesn’t seem to be a lot we can do but wait.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.