New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    batchk23
    Participant

@losingfaith I hope you’re enjoying your holiday. I wonder if you’d be able to share the email / phone number of the Peterborough team as we are due to fly next Thurs (5th May) and my infants new child passport has been approved but not yet printed or posted. I want to try and get it collected from London like you managed to. Any help will be much appreciated. 🙏

Shouq
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    Sent upgrade email to Durham team last Tuesday morning but I still have not had any call from them 🙁

is it adviseable to send them another email as reminder? I fly on 30th of April so getting little worried 🙁

appreciate any input.

batchk23
    Participant

Yes! Chase chase chase!!

That’s my only advice. Every time I chased it triggered an action on their part. I would ask them if they can print and you can pick the passport up to collect from a local Passport office!

mayashan
    Participant

Advice needed!

I’m flying for work in 16 days, and have only just realised I’ve lost my passport (haven’t travelled in a while and moved during the pandemic so assuming that’s how it’s happened)
    I can’t seem to book an appointment at my passport office or any for that matter, will I be able to use this new upgrade service? or do I already need to have an application in process?

batchk23
    Participant

Keep checking the appointments, they release them several times a day for various office locations. You’ll be able to get the fast track service as you’ve lost a passport.

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently/1-week-fast-track-service

Nixxi92
    Participant

Does any one know how soon before travel the upgrade team are getting in touch with people?

Shouq
    Participant

I am travelling on 30th, still no call from them.

Trailbl
    Participant

We’re traveling on the 29th, emailed upgrade team on 18th, got no response and the helpline couldn’t tell us much more than that they were busy. so went into the passport office to ask on the 25th. Were very helpful, said that if we didn’t hear back on 26th to come back in. So back into the office this morning, said we’d get the passport by tomorrow morning at the latest. Just got the phonecall for payment there now and picking up in the morning.
    Phew! Stressful for a first child passport! Our application had been sitting in documents received status for a month

mayashan
    Participant

Thank you @batchk23

Annoyingly I keep getting the “system busy” page only to be followed by the “please try again tomorrow” page

I am just concerned that I won’t get an appointment before my flight and wondering if the upgrade service is my best bet…

jgreenidge85
    Participant

did you just turn up? my application has been sent to newport, can I still go to my nearest passport office?

Nixxi92
    Participant

Trailbl did you just turn up?? I didn’t know you could x

cledan
    Participant

Hi,
    My daughter’s passport hasn’t arrived back since Feb. We are flying 4/5/22. did the upgrade service (Liverpool) on Monday, but haven;t heard anything back. Do they get back with you 2 days from your travel date or two days from your email?
    TIA

Nixxi92
    Participant

2 working days of your travel

cledan
    Participant

So as Monday is back holiday, that will be Friday? Would it be worth going up to Liverpool passport office to pick it up or just wait till i hear back from them? Such a nightmare.

Nixxi92
    Participant

I have no idea, we go 06:00 Monday morning. Liverpool have my application and I’ve heard nothing yet xx

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.