New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    hr22
    Participant

Slight edit to my post above the lost passport application was actually on April 3rd not May as I had put above

xfxrxhx
    Participant

Sorry to keep asking questions… has anyone been able to collect their passports from upgrade team on a Saturday or do they only work Mon-Fri?

Thanks in advance.

ianbuk
    Participant

Hi everyone, it’s been encouraging to read so many success stories but I’m still in full panic mode!

Fly Sunday 22nd and get to receive my sons renewal. Requested upgrade on 11th, someone called me 2 days later and said it wasn’t done correctly and should have been London team so re-submitted. Never heard anything so called a couple times to be told that they are working within time limits but can’t guarantee it.

My worry is that all the stories I have read seem to be people collecting a passport that’s been accepted and processed, whereas mine still requires one more document, my sons mothers marriage certificate. I only found out Monday, so I called and asked what to do and was told not to send it as it will get stuck in the system for 2-3 weeks and they might require me to take it to London. I am just worried that nobody else has mentioned taking documents to confirm stuff when collecting a passport from an office. Admittedly I’ve not read all 50 pages but probably almost half.

Has anyone had the upgrade team complete their application by asking them to take documents to one of the main offices? If it does happen, I’ll just hope that the phone call comes in the next day or two, but if they can’t do it then I’ll be gutted as 5 of us all got passports but my son is the only one still waiting. I’ve done everything they’ve said and nobody has suggested it can’t be done and that one lady did tell me NOT to send the document so I’m hoping it will be ok?!?

This is so stressful and I can’t look forward to flying out until I know we are all going.

Kel85
    Participant

I have literally just missed a call from them. They left a voicemail whilst I was in the phone. Will I need to call back or does anyone know if they will try me again?

leesa160
    Participant

I’d call them maybe? When’s ur flight? X

xfxrxhx
    Participant

Has anyone had a successful application from upgrade team without receiving that email back from noreply@postroom.com?

Kel85
    Participant

My flight is next Friday but I have been expecting a call back for a week now so I could really kick myself. I will try tomorrow.

hr22
    Participant

Yes. Other than the email I got asking for more info, We didn’t get an email just a phone call which we missed they left a message with a number to call and said passport ready to pick up. We called and they answered quickly.

M Rob
    Participant

I also have been told a number of times that my wife’s marriage certificate has been linked from my Daughters application to my sons (Daughters back around 3 weeks ago and they were applied for on same day) Im due to tavel on 28th may, requested upgrade and now waiting to hear but i can see this marriage certificate issue being a big problem and that will stop the upgrade.

Garbett44
    Participant

Ian, I’m also only need my sons mothers marriage certificate to complete application. I rang 13th April first to link his mothers application as she had marriage certificate with her application, it was not done and again on 10th may I spoke to progress team and they said they had now linked the application for the document. On 16th may the marriage certificate from mothers application came back to us in post. I spoke yesterday and was told it had been sent back by mistake and to resend special delivery as we have only 2 half weeks until travel. I was also told on phone I am eligible for upgrade as his birth certificate has been scanned on system and only require marriage certificate to confirm mothers name change. Seems we are getting told different things! I hope now I have resent the marriage certificate which was signed for today that it can get scanned on time for me to be able to upgrade or go to office last min to collect the passport

ianbuk
    Participant

Oh gosh, that’s a worry!! There is no document to link to my sons application sadly. I was happy to send the document via guaranteed next day delivery Monday but was told not to!
    I’m desperate for this phone call to happen just so I know where I stand, my son keeps asking if I’ve heard anything, I can’t bare to tell him he isn’t going 🙁

Garbett44
    Participant

If you have document in hand and can travel I would go to Peterborough office if it’s not too far, I’ve heard they are great at getting your passport on day especially if within 48 hours of flight. I’m now thinking should I pay £35 and get another marriage certificate urgently if I need to take one to passport office just in case it gets stuck in system like you said. Think I’ll call again see what more help I can achieve

doomkittycleo
    Participant

Did you get any response from the upgrade team?

I applied for an upgrade yesterday and am wondering how long it is taking.

I got an acknowledgment email this evening.

Brentmeister2k
    Participant

I travel on 25/05 , my son’s lost/replacement application was submitted to Peterborough upgrade team on 12/05, still waiting on call.

After the 48hrs passed I called again and was told to send email stating it was second request for a call.

Still no call.

From reading this thread it seems that’s yesterday they were calling those with gravel dates on 20/05 or 21/05 and turning those round in time so maybe I have a few more tense days to wait.

Does anyone know if this is the case or does it vary depending on the office/upgrade team that your app is with or the type of passport application?

I’m extremely anxious that because ours is a lost/replacement passport it will cause an issue.

The passport is confirmed cancelled on 9/04 it was subsequently found and sent in on 12/05 as instructed.

France22
    Participant

I’m sure you will get call but could you make plans to travel to neRezt passport office 48 hours before just in case?

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.