New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    stephany
    Participant

I was told both applications were at Durham but when I received the call yesterday I was told only one was with them and the other somewhere else!
    I didn’t ask where because the lady said she will contact the other office and will approved so I can collect both passports today.

stephany
    Participant

@Jules66
    I email them exactly 2 weeks before my travel date which on the 27/05 so I email on the (13/05) I did received the auto-reply message but as I didn’t received the call back I send a second email on the (17/05) and finally the last one on the (19/05)then I got a call back yesterday the (20/05)they approved them and today I collected both passports.
    So do send them a email tomorrow if don’t hear back from them in 2 days send another email again and so on, I personally think that’s the only way to be on the top list if you fly date is approaching.
    Good luck 🤞👍

Brentmeister2k
    Participant

Anyone had the upgrade confirmed this weekend?

Keep hearing they are working weekends but not seeing any evidence. Most organisations would be throwing overtime about to help clear the backlog – I guess other organisations are accountable to customers, shareholders, regulators etc unlike HMPO where there is zero accountability.

Kel85
    Participant

I have heard they do work weekends as some people have had emails and phone calls on weekends. If you ask the call operators they actually say they don’t. So you don’t know what to believe.

Gemzy
    Participant

We fly on Thurs, anxiously waiting for the call, next 3 days is going to be so awful, not the way I thought I’d spend my days leading up to a holiday! Not been able to look forward to it at all but clinging onto hope!

paigebates91
    Participant

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you , please let us know with an update I would call and email everyday from now and push them .. hopefully they will call you tomorrow, I know that feeling I’m literally telling my children … if we make it on holiday 🙁 if I don’t get my passport then no holiday… we have 2 weeks today xx good luck and fingers crossed for you

Tictarry33
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    I’ve been watching this forum for about a week although it’s my first time posting. I sent in my application for a replacement passport on the 24th of March and hadn’t received the text to say my application had been received. I travel on the 1st of June and was made aware of the upgrade team earlier on last week and was allowed to start the process of upgrading on Wednesday as its two weeks until the holiday. After the call I got the email from the post room email address and then I sent in all the required information (name, passport application number, contact details and proof of travel) to the durham upgrade team where my application is and got the automated response. It has been 4 days since I got those automated responses and I still haven’t had the upgrade team call back to take payment or progress the application further. If it wasn’t for this forum I feel like I would have had a nervous breakdown by now but seeing some of the other positive posts have helped. I’m just being hopeful I’ll get lucky too. Wishing everyone the best of luck and sorry for rambling on.

M Rob
    Participant

Following my long last past (sorry it went on!) i still have not heard anything and need the passport in my hand on Friday at the latest. I think im going to get up at 3am and do a 400 miles round trip on Thursday and fo to the Peterborough office where they are processing it and see what they can do. Anyone else had any joy when turning up at the offices?

Gemzy
    Participant

I haven’t received any calls back from the upgrade team but know they are turning them around in 48hrs of travel date so I’d sit tight and get chasing in the final days or as much as you can.

paigebates91
    Participant

All I’m worried about is the fact if it’s 48 hours before that’s the jubilee bank holiday :/ are they going to be working still I’m a nervous wreck x

Brentmeister2k
    Participant

Due to fly Wednesday morning 25/05, will be 48hrs tomorrow morning.

Still no calls so thought I’d email upgrade team again tonight to make sure my email is seen again.

Sent my email through to peterboroughupgradeteam@hmpo.gov.uk

Didn’t receive an auto response

Sent an email to all the other upgrade teams and got an auto response from them, tried Peterborough again and no response.

So I wonder if Peterborough are just not sending auto responses any more, whether their mailbox is full or whether I’ve been blocked?

France22
    Participant

This is awful. Try webchat. Go onto main Passport site select webchat. Don’t fill in page when it says agent free just put 1st name and click. If it says waiting agent stay on page. Good luck

Jules66
    Participant

I emailed Peterborough and Liverpool Upgrade teams this morning from both mine and my husbands email addresses. Received auto response from both to my husbands email but only Liverpool for mine. May be coincidence but I did email last week from mine too!

paigebates91
    Participant

So I’ve spoken with someone this morning …. Has everyone been told it’s not a guaranteed service ??? I’ve just been told that if there to busy with upgrades they can reject the upgrade … I could literally cry .. we travel in 13 days been told there calling people back in date of travel order which I understand for people that travel sooner… also that after I sent my documents to Newport my application is now with Durham ??? Has this happened to anyone also? I’m keeping everthing crossed 🤞🏻

Brentmeister2k
    Participant

So tried emailing Peterborough upgrade team from a new email and this time the auto response did come. My main email must be blocked as sent multiple emails but only on guidance of advisers/progress team after going over 48 hours without a response.

I am now within 48 hours of travel time and no call.

Anyone had any calls from Peterborough upgrade team today.

I don’t think it’s going to happen for us.

Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.