New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    cledan
    Participant

Awful isn’t it. U tried ringing and get through or email again? Did they tell you that you can pick it up from Liverpool?

Nixxi92
    Participant

Has anyone heard back from Durham or liverpool yet?

foxtrotlady
    Participant

No and due to fly Sunday 1st feeling so upset and stressed can’t believe this as other are getting upgrades for flights next week!

Nixxi92
    Participant

I know we are the same and I have noticed others getting it who are going much later than we are. We fly Monday. I’m thinking of going into the office today. Which office are you waiting for contact from x

foxtrotlady
    Participant

Waiting on Durham so a little far from London! Also told they just turn you away if you turn up! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Nixxi92
    Participant

I’m also waiting on Durham, let me know if you here might give me some hope. Good luck x

cledan
    Participant

Still waiting on Liverpool. Supposed to be travelling Wednesday

12weekswaiting
    Participant

I applied for my daughter’s renewal 31/01. Sent her passport 01/02. Which never arrived they told me to mark it lost so I did and then called and said it was found but has already been cancelled but was out of date anyway, the application has been sitting in processing and with the examiner since 15/3. I got an email at one point saying I was meant to fly to a wedding on 21/04 but didn’t book as no passport back, we have a family holiday booked 29/05 and was told about this new service but said criteria is you have to be waiting over 10 weeks and flying within 2 weeks. Was you told this? I’m worried as I feel it’s cutting it fine? Did you all hear back from them and get the passport? I was told not to call and upgrade until 11th/12th May. I don’t have any other options do I? So very stressful 🙁

12weekswaiting
    Participant

Sorry.. I got email stating passport received at one point but they said was an error. **

Trailbl
    Participant

Just picked up my son’s passport at lunchtime, flying tomorrow so upgrade service got it done just in the nick of time!

Trailbl
    Participant

We just turned up to chase on it at the front desk in the passport office after pretty much a week of hearing nothing. Not sure if it does things up or made a difference but at least gave us the comfort that it was being looked at and someone was able to confirm it was in their queue – tbf everyone we dealt with in person was v nice and helpful

SW76
    Participant

Hi,

My wife applied for a renewal passport for my daughter and sent in both my birth certificate and passport as supporting documents. As we all know, the turnaround times are a lot longer than usual at the moment. We have been notified that her passport is being processed (notification received 13th April) but i am due to fly on 12th May and have no idea when ill get my passport back. Does anyone know if there is away that i can get my passport back seeing as they have my birth cert as authentication? Ive been trying to get through to the PO for the last three days but just get cut off…..Thanks

twazym
    Participant

I am still waiting to hear from Durham, I called passport office today and he reassured me that if I have sent the email that I am in the queue and it will get done and not to worry.

Just for a bit of reassurance a work colleague in a similar position flys on Monday 2nd, only process her upgrade request Mon 25th, got automatic email back wed 27th and then got a call today 28th to say the passport would be delivered Saturday! So I have everything crossed for everyone and we need to trust in the process

foxtrotlady
    Participant

We are due to travel this Sunday, have not heard a thing and when I call they can’t tell me anything apart from it’s waiting to be looked at!

Havefaith22
    Participant

I would never use the 0300 number as you get don’t get anywhere, I have recently gone through a renewal for my Daughter started on 6th March and Passport has been printed today, we are due to go away 12th May 22 so the relief is amazing, nothing has ever made me as stressed as this whole ordeal.
    Best contact number for Passport office for less waiting times and not getting cut off is 01633285419.
    I feel your pain everyone so good luck to you all!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.