New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    Shouq
    Participant

Finally got call from Durham office today and passport now printed. Picking it tomorrow first thing 😀

good luck to everyone waiting…

foxtrotlady
    Participant

Shouq when do you fly?
    Well done!
    Please keep your finger crossed for me feeling so sad!

ValC81
    Participant

I emailed Liverpool upgrade team yesterday and have my daughter’s passport today! I applied on 2nd March and fly next week. I think the lady I spoke to picked it up really quickly because they’d asked for extra documentation that it turns out they didn’t need so it should have been processed weeks ago – she even waived the fee. I put the reference number and the flight date in the subject line and attached proof of our flight.

Andrew0510
    Participant

This doesn’t make sense anymore. May I ask was that your child’s first passport?

Pleased for you all don’t get wrong but having applied 17th Feb and meant to be travelling 3rd May I’m getting no where.

HL85
    Participant

A positive upgrade story (fingers crossed for you all still waiting). We applied for our upgrade on Friday via the Belfast team and after an anxious wait, we received a phone call yesterday (Wednesday) to say the upgrade could go ahead with a fee of £96. Rather than risking delivery, we asked to collect from Liverpool today. We applied on 17th Feb and fly on the 4th May and it was for our Son’s first passport. I’m not sure how they order these things as should be date of travel order surely? But people who travel before us don’t seem to have their passports yet. Sadly I think it’s luck of the draw, as we applied 10 weeks ago but know people who have applied after us and received in 3 weeks which isn’t fair at all but we’re just pleased to finally have it. Good luck everyone!

foxtrotlady
    Participant

Still waiting for upgrade we are supposed to fly Sunday 1st makes no sense as told those flying first will be dealt with first but I have seen so many people getting up grades from Durham which is where our application is and the don’t fly till next week! So unfair!

siddiqa87
    Participant

@foxtrot lady

I really hope they call you today and you get to pick it up.

Please update if you do manage to get the passport. 🙁 feeling so upset for you. I hope we get ours before our flight!

zfei.low
    Participant

Does anyone know can first adult passport be upgraded? Anyone here applied for first adult and get upgraded? Will be flying out on the 14th so not sure should I email upgrade team or cancel the holidays?

12weekswaiting
    Participant

Has anyone booked some cheap flights to speed this up? We are travelling on 29th May but am worried that the passport won’t be done with the 2 week upgrade when we apply. Do they check the dates the flights are booked? It’s so stressful we’ve waited so long I’m really not hopeful the upgrade will work as I don’t know what the hold up is and neither are the contact centre.

12weekswaiting
    Participant

Any luck today?

amber9514
    Participant

Does anyone have a direct number for the processing team? I waited over an hour to speak to someone, she tried to put me through to the processing team but it cut me off 😩 I’ve been using 01633 285419 to get through. I can start my daughters upgrade from today and I’m so worried now I won’t get through to anyone 🤦‍♀️

Blackhall96
    Participant

@Amber9514 I don’t think there is a direct number, or at least I haven’t seen them give it out to anyone.
    I rnag yesterday and was given an email address only and told that I should use that

If you know where the passport application is then the email is “Location’UpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk
    So for example, mine was PeterboroughUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk

You have to include your date of travel in the subject box and attach evidence, form what I’ve gathered, they don’t reply until a few days before, very stressful, but worth a go.

The number you’ve been using, are they helpful when you get through?

restlesskid
    Participant

Passport was sitting in processing for weeks, though f this, booked a cheap flight for next week, got in touch with upgrade team earlier this week, passport arrived today, best £7.99 I’ve spent, can sleep easy now.

restlesskid
    Participant

Passport was sitting in processing for weeks, thought f this, booked a cheap flight for next week, got in touch with upgrade team earlier this week, passport arrived today, best £7.99 I’ve spent, can sleep easy now. Plus I didn’t get asked for the upgrade fee, result.

@restlesskid what office called you? I fly Sunday and still haven’t heard

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.