New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    restlesskid
    Participant

I’ll just say they had Irish accent

Blackhall96
    Participant

@restlesskid how long after applying through the email did they ring you? only applied yesterday as I fly 12th May, but just trying to get a timeframe for hearing back

amber9514
    Participant

@restlesskid which passport office was your application with? My daughters is Durham but by the looks of the comments on here they are very slow 😩 it was sent to Belfast originally then transferred to Durham

Andrew0510
    Participant

No success here. Flying Tuesday morning. I got through to the management team who ultimately said they haven’t got guidance as to whether they’re working bank holiday Monday as to whether that counts as the 2nd day before?!

Andrew0510
    Participant

No success here. Flying Tuesday morning. I got through to the management team who ultimately said they haven’t got guidance as to whether they’re working bank holiday Monday as to whether that counts as the 2nd day before?!

homersimo1
    Participant

What would you do?

This is for a renewal liverpool dealing with this one.

Application submitted 29 March 2022

Documents received (passport)8 April 2022

Asked for a proof of parental responsibility 12th and again 19th this was sent and signed for by the office 14th.

Holiday for my son is on the 20th May with his grandparents (haven’t told the mother in law I’m dead ha)

Now what I’m worried about is the birth certificate is in my wifes maiden name… are they going to now ask for the marriage certificate?

Been 2 weeks since signed for and 3 weeks until the holiday.

Should I hold out few more days or get the ball rolling on the upgrade team?

With it being a renewal don’t they keep birth certificates on file from the first passport 5 years ago ?

Thank you for any advice.

Blackhall96
    Participant

@restlesskid how long were you waiting for the call back? I applied yesterday as I fly on 12/05 and just wondering how long it took them to give you a call back

Thanks

siddiqa87
    Participant

Did you hear from them??? Fingers crossed

homersimo1
    Participant

Just a little update maybe a coincidence but I emailed the upgrade address asking about the progress.

40 mins later I’ve had a response to say application approved and it’s off for printing so you’d think 2.5 weeks is enough time.

Goodluck everyone

Nervouswreck7
    Participant

@homersimo1 – Congratulations! Which upgrade address did you email? We fly the 17th May and have until today to pay thousands to change our dates or lose thousands by taking a punt our passport will arrive which has been stuck in application processing since March as the lost passport number didn’t pull through into our application for a new lost passport…thanks so much!

homersimo1
    Participant

Well depending where your passport is being processed I emailed.

liverpoolupgradeteam@hmpo.gov.uk

Maybe it is a coincidence but it does seem likely someone has seen my email and made a move on it.

Maybe worth a email explaining your situation and that you go on holiday the 17th.
    The staff are working hard unlike what the media are telling you and aren’t working from home I doubt someone has the printing capabilities for a passport at home.

Goodluck

siddiqa87
    Participant

Any luck?
    This is outrageous and unacceptable. It’s having such a detrimental impact on my health… hope you got yours as today is last day for you to hear back from them

homersimo1
    Participant

Hi sorry I replied to this but it hasn’t sent.

The email address was the for Liverpool office liverpoolupgradeteam@hmpo.gov.uk

Not sure it was a coincidence but strange how it was suddenly updated 40 minutes after.

I just explained the holiday situation and if any information on the progress can be shared.

Id email and explain your situation.

Goodluck keep us all updated.

Nixxi92
    Participant

Well guys, were out of time and nothing. I rang today and was told it was being sent as and urgent request to the manager of the managers and that I would get a call by the end of the day. Hopes up again and nothing. Upgrade request sent exactly 2 weeks ago tomorrow along with a referral from a manager and still got no where. Hope everyone else gets Thiers in time. Good luck everyone xx

amber9514
    Participant

@homersimo1 did you apply for an upgrade first before you emailed them or did you just email them without going for an upgrade? I’m desperate to get something more from the passport office then it’s waiting for an examiner 🤦‍♀️ It’s not changed in over a month now. I will give anything a try at this rate 🙌

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.