New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,186 through 1,200 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    BecciJ75
    Participant

@gnatalie16 my daughter is now on her way to Peterborough even though its at Liverpool Peterborough is our closest i am just hoping someone will help her shes only 18 and i have sent her there on her own to try get sorted as we fly Sunday and still nothing form the upgrade team at Liverpool 🙁

AlmostGotmepassport
    Participant

Finally had my passport printed!
    Lost passport applied for on 26th march
    I travel on 10th June so still waiting but should hopefully come Monday

FYI here’s how I got mine printed & Approved quickly
    I called 01633 745709 (Newport) got through instantly every time I called & the phone handlers were very nice. I requested an upgrade on the phone and got a call-back within 20 mins. I didn’t have my lost reference number (you get this when you tell them your passport is lost or stolen) so I had to call back and request another call-back from the upgrade team. afaik you need to call before or your email to upgrade might not be approved.

I then emailed ALL and I mean ALL the passport offices I could think of with capital letters “BelfastUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk”
    in the subject put your travel date & passport upgrade request – “Travel Date: 10/June/2022 Passport Upgrade”

In the body of the email make sure you include every detail including email, mobile number, PEX, loss reference (if you lost your passport otherwise this doesn’t matter), name, DOB, Postcode etc.
    Here’s the email I sent

———————————————
    Good afternoon,
    I ordered a passport on 26th March 2022, it was to replace one I had lost. I am travelling in 2 weeks on the 10th June (I will attach proof of dates).

Can I please upgrade this passport to priority

Details of applicant:
    Name:
    DOB:
    Ref: PEX
    Loss Ref:
    Address:
    Email:
    Mobile phone number:

Many Thanks
    ———————————————————-

After this it was approved the next day and has been printed 2 days after that. Hopefully this helps someone as this forum has been a godsend for info! Fingers crossed for all of you travelling soon!

Edit: I forgot to mention I never received a confirmation of upgrade, I’m assuming it’s gone through as it all got processed very quickly after my emails & Calls.
    Also make sure you only apply if you’ve been waiting over 6 working weeks & are travelling in 2 weeks or less

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by AlmostGotmepassport. Reason: additional info
    adz93
    Participant

I am due to fly in 11 days have been waiting for a call from the upgrade team since last week. I have emailed Glasgow as thats where my sons documents are but still no luck. Really panicking and those on the phone haven’t mentioned it needs to be over 6 weeks. We only applied 4 weeks ago but it seems many people have still had there passports upgraded when applying less than 6 weeks ago. So stressed out

BecciJ75
    Participant

UPDATE my daughter was seen straight away at Peterborough as she is flying Sunday, they were super helpful, while she was there Liverpool called her and Peterborough have made an appt to collect her passport Saturday at 12pm !

I will say when you are this close just go! they will see you… still not got it in hand but its more progress than we have had in 10 weeks !!!

funkypeant26
    Participant

Applied for first child passport on 18th March and will be 11th week this Friday. Im travelling out on 10th June. No response from upgrade team and request was made 6 days ago. Got my MP involved but nothing still.

Im gonna wing it go Glasgow this Saturday all the way from london, getting desperate now.

paigebates91
    Participant

I just want to update ….. for anyone travelling very soon … I literally cannot praise Peterborough passport office enough !! They was amazing today , we travel Sunday which left today and Saturday to get it sorted with the bank holidays being closed.. my application had been with Durham for 6 weeks — however Peterborough was my nearest office , they were amazing… I was seen pretty quickly but in order of travel .. Then I had to wait for a call back from Durham to approve the upgrade which felt like the longest wait it was around 2 hours … however after the phone call they had it sent to be printed for me at Peterborough whilst waiting and I was able to walk away with it today at 4pm I’m home now and I’m absolutely overjoyed …. Instead of me losing £3500. I advise anyone close to travel dates go to your office …. I was losing hope but they pulled it out of the bag for me and I didn’t see anyone not get there passports today that were travelling very soon ! They did amazing !!!!

adz93
    Participant

Great news! Peterborough would be my local office too and since my application is at Glasgow it would be easier for me to get there. I travel on 12th june and we’ve been waiting for my sons first passport for 4 weeks so not sure what the outcome would be 😩

paigebates91
    Participant

All I would say is if there is no issues with the application regardless of dates of applications made they were still helping people and they was walking away with passports… they were amazing and so helpful … if it gets to 72/48 hours before travel and still no news I would head there.

PassportWorry
    Participant

Hi all, just wondering if you ask to upgrade your passport, is there still a possibility that it gets printed and posted as normal, or is it taken out of that ‘queue’ and definitely requires you to go to an office and pick it up?

pclem0003
    Participant

Anybody have direct Belfast number?

cheeza
    Participant

Pclem0003 if you get number…could I also have it please

lindsay11uk
    Participant

Hi
    I would say you have to collect, if the upgrade team are only contacting people 24 -48 hours before travel there wont be enough time for them to post it I wouldn’t think, I phoned them up yesterday and was told I can upgrade on the 9th June as that will be 6 weeks after I applied and 14 days before I travel (23rd June, I asked could she tell me which passport office was dealing with it and she said they will tell me when I ring on the 9th June, My mind is still not at ease as reading stories of people finding out where there passport is by online chat and then just driving to that office, so now I am debating doing that if I can find out who is dealing with it

lindsay11uk
    Participant

I think they would take it out of the queue after you email the upgrade team and start the process before they ring you 24-48 hours before to collect

adz93
    Participant

Just spoken to someone over chat and have been told they are still working through applications over the bank holiday. Has anyone else been told this?

passportplease
    Participant

They are working today guys. Just had a phone call saying I can pick mine up Saturday at 10am and I fly at 5
    Don’t loose hope they do get back to you

Viewing 15 posts - 1,186 through 1,200 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.