New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,201 through 1,215 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    passportplease
    Participant

They are working today guys. Just had a phone call saying I can pick mine up Saturday at 10am and I fly at 5
    Don’t loose hope they do get back to you
    I have been emailing since the 19th May was in a right state! I would advise you to go to the nearest passport office they are helping

adz93
    Participant

Did they ever get in touch with you prior to today? Also how long have you been waiting and what office was dealing with your passport please?

passportplease
    Participant

Not they did not contact me other than today! So I sent off my passport on the 29th of March 9 weeks ago, rang them after 7 weeks for them to say it hadn’t even been looked at so I got a panick on, then for the last two weeks I have done nothing but call and call just to passed on from one to another! I emailed the upgrade team at Durham where my passport was every single day 3 times a day and heard nothing so I’d given up hope as I fly Saturday the day I go pick it up!! They couldn’t get through to me so sent me an email to call them saying I needed to get in touch with them and state my reference number I did that straight away at 11am today the lady was amazing and said my passport would be ready at 10 am at Peterborough cause that’s my nearest office just keep sending the emails as many times as you can and be polite! And don’t panic

Sadtraveller
    Participant

I’m due to travel on the 15th of June but have had my upgrade refused as my application hasn’t been in for the 6 weeks minimum: seemed really strict on it which was heartbreaking as I hoped they would have some leniency.

My application will meet the 6 week threshold the day before I am due to travel: is there any hope of going to a passport office that day and seeking an upgrade? Really do not want to give up hope but would appreciate some pragmatic advice :((

kiteboy
    Participant

Your case sounds similar to mine.. we are due to travel of the 17th June and our six weeks was two days before we travel…if I remember right we applied for my 8 year old sons renewal on the 5th May.

For us after a two week period where nothing was moving for our digital app and I was getting prepped to either cancel or change our booking altogether as that had to be done within 14days of travel….so literally this week…so a big worry

Thankfully sons passport came in the post yesterday. So for us it took less than four weeks altogether and that included sending the birth certificate seperately too…..but it was still stressful after prepping myself from the stories on here

I know its not helpful but hope they can progress for you anyway. We may have been very lucky and hope it goes the same for you

Rachy40
    Participant

Hello! I was wondering how everyone is getting through to the Progress Team, now the 01633745709 number has been discontinued?

My son’s documents have been lost at Corby (including the paper form confirming his identity as the link wasn’t working properly when we were applying online) despite being signed for four weeks ago. I spoke to the Progress Team on Tuesday and they helpfully emailed Corby to chase it up, with the tracking number. I was instructed to call back if there had been no change in three days only to discover the number isn’t working anymore!

Without a successful confirmation of his identity we can’t move any further forward, let alone be ready to apply for an upgrade two weeks before travel. Our flights are on 5th July.

I’d appreciate any and all advice!

passportplease
    Participant

If I was you guys I would 100% go to your nearest passport office 2 days before you fly, I have known people to go after only sending there passport 4 weeks prior and they have walked away with it!! The worse thing you can do is ring up it does nothing but stress you out make you upset cause you get passed from pillow to post to the same department, with no one that knows what there doing who tell you different things every time after being on hold for hours and it’s heart sickening xx

Rachy40
    Participant

I’m thinking that’s where we’ll end up in the end but I feel like most people’s applications are at least at the processing stage when they turn up at the office! I’m so cross that we applied 8 and a half weeks before we fly and now four weeks have been entirely wasted! We’re not a single step further on….

cheeza
    Participant

Try 01633285419 or contact your local mp that’s what I did

passportplease
    Participant

Thing is mine was there 7 weeks and had t even been looked at!! Not even looked at🙄 and yet I know people that sent there’s off after me and got it back in 3 weeks where is the queue system here please? I shouldn’t moan cause I pick mine up Saturday but I’ve been through so much stress about it!! But deffo just turn up if your like 1-2 days off 6 week mark they are giving them people cause I’ve seen it with my own eyes and they only sent them off 4 weeks prior one was 2 weeks prior and they still got it so cry if you have to x

Passplease
    Participant

Hello! We are due to fly on the 12th June and am still waiting for my son’s first passport 🙁
    I applied through the post and it arrived with them on the 11th April and payment was taken on the 15th but when I spoke to them last week they said it wasn’t received until 26th!
    I was told to contact the Durham upgrade team even though I sent the application to Peterborough, does that sound correct? I emailed them on the 29th and still haven’t heard anything.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Passplease.
    Rachy40
    Participant

Thanks so much for the advice! I’ll try anything and everything!

passportplease
    Participant

Please go to your nearest passport office saturday take prof of your flight every thing they go on order of travel they will see you and they will help your pass port can get printed any where honestly I was the same emailing texting calling I got so so worried
    I was going on Saturday myself to queue but lucky they called me today after emailing them 3 times a day every day, I fly Saturday afternoon and I’m going Saturday morning! They didn’t even charge me the upgrade fee! My friend went Wednesday to Peterborough even though his was at Newport they sent it straight over and printed it! They will do it they will see you, don’t make no phone calls cause there useless just go and you will get it!! Only good think you come out of this stress was I couldn’t eat and I’ve lost weight for me bikini

passportplease
    Participant

Also, my friend is going away in 3 weeks and she is not due an upgrade as of yet, so she went online and booked cheap flight to Spain with Ryan air for£6.50 for 4 days time and they rang her and upgraded wish I’d have known this it’s worth it to ease your stress levels maybe? Just a thought good luck xx

passportplease
    Participant

Well you couldn’t make this up, I fly tomorrow at 5. I pick me passport up tomorrow at 10!! But since a lady called me to sort it another 7 people have called me from upgrade team trying to help I’m like it’s okay it’s sorted now!! So please don’t panic 24 hours before you’ll be getting called by about 10 of them

Viewing 15 posts - 1,201 through 1,215 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.