New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,246 through 1,260 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    Ennevive
    Participant

@richimus23. If it has printer, you will have it in your hand by the end of the week. I received my renewal within 48 hours of the ‘printed’ message.

honeymoonhope
    Participant

Application Date: 30/3/22
    Processing from 13/4/22.
    Countless calls/emails.
    Now within 2 week time of travel to a long awaited honeymoon.
    Upgraded my application on 5/6/22.
    Progress Team called 6/6/22 advising to email upgrade team with relevant information.
    Upgrade Team called today (7/6/22) – Passport to be printed at nearest office for collection by the end of the week.
    Very stressful time. Not in my hands yet – but it’s the most progress I’ve had in weeks

Mcgrizzle
    Participant

@rachimus23 I’m in a similar situation. They won’t upgrade me I applied similar fashion for child renewal/ replacement 9th may been sorting there since 20th. What emails did you use and format I’m flying 16th

Thank you

NicolaDB08
    Participant

Is anyone else being passed between the upgrade team and customer management team. I applied for the upgrade on 27th May and they assured me I’d hear in 48 hours but I didn’t. Long story short, whenever I now ring the advice line I get different answers from every person but then I get told to speak to customer management about my upgrade but once I get through I get told its the wrong place! I’m literally going in circles. It’s Tuesday and I need my passport by Friday and no one seems able to help! (The one call back from the upgrade team resulted in me being transferred to the customer management team who had a queue so long that I got cut off and haven’t been able to speak to anyone since!)

My passport is at Liverpool and the email tells me I cannot go to the office so I have no idea what I can do!

passportplease
    Participant

Get ya self down the passport office, that’s what I did walked away with it that day
    Don’t listen to them, they see you just make sure it’s not before 48hrs before you fly!!

NicolaDB08
    Participant

I’m just so worried I’ll go and get turned away! Were there queues etc? I could go first thing on Friday morning if needs be. They have all my documents etc though so I would be going empty handed, would that make a difference??

Mcgrizzle
    Participant

@passportplease how long is your passport been waiting I feel I’ll get turned away as next week it will be only 5 weeks of I turn up as I fly next Thursday

passportplease
    Participant

I was waiting 8 weeks however when I was there people had only been waiting 3-4 weeks and walked away with there’s as long as you can prove your flight is with in 48 hrs

passportplease
    Participant

But under 6 weeks you will have to pay the fee

pclem0003
    Participant

Has anyone NOT got their passport after applying for the upgrade service?

eugenia-shi
    Participant

Hi,

We are sopposed to be going on our first holiday in 4 years on the 21st and only realised a few weeks that my partners passport needs to be renewed. They immediately submitted the standard application not knowing about waiting times or urgent options. I knew however and we immediately called the helpline trying to correct our mistake and change to a fast track or premium, but we were told that we can’t do that over the phone and that we just will need to cancel the standard application if we manage to secure an urgent service online, as they are very busy. We followed their advice and managed to book a fast track appointment and another adviser confirmed everything would be fine if my partner posted a letter to the passport office asking to cancel the standard application.

Needless to say it wasn’t fine at the fast track appointment, because they haven’t processed the cancellation so we were told that the only option is to post the old passport off to be processed as standard.

So now we are 2 weeks away from our flight and seemingly no chance of getting the passport in time. In addition to this the helpline is now saying that we need to prioritise letting the passport office know that we don’t want the application to be cancelled anymore, but the “urgent” call back hasn’t come through to either of us.

So I have a few questions:

If you email the upgrade team are you supposed to get the automated response immediately? I received nothing, is that a bad sign?

If the application does get cancelled because of that letter, will they let us know?

In case it does get cancelled, if there a point in going to the passport office 48 hours before the flight anyway? They have the old passport and all the information they need and the situation is just absurd, so is there a chance we can still try to plead our case if we bring along all the evidence?

Do both London and Peterborough offices have passport printers?

And finally, a long shot, but does anyone know the phone number for Peterborough office?

Thank you so much in advance!

JenniSarah8
    Participant

My mum lost her passport and applied for a new one 3 months ago and still hasnt received it, every time she calls she gets told different information. We are due to fly Saturday and when she called today she has been told to email the Belfast upgrade team, we have already emailed them twice in the last 2 weeks with proof of our travel dates. The customer service team are no help, does anyone have any other advice/phone numbers we could try, she has also emailed all the upgrade teams and hasnt received any reply. So desperate to get this sorted for her as she has worked so much overtime to be able to take us on holiday and now shes the only one currently not able to go

wanting3
    Participant

JennieSarah8 her best bet would be to go to the local passport office 48 hours before travel. As long as all the documents requested have been received and scanned in she should get her passport if she takes proof of travel with her.

eugenia-shi
    Participant

Wanting3 what if it’s an online application and the passport has been received according to Royal Mail tracking but not yet updated on the application?

Also can you come in 48 hours before travel if the application gets wrongly cancelled even after million of requests over phone and enquiry form? Thanks

JPassport92
    Participant

Hi All,
    [success]
    I started posting a few weeks back in regards to 2x Stolen passports. Just wanted to give you a run down of the process. I depart on Thursday Morning (6am) and I collected my passports this afternoon from Peterborough.

Application being processed 8:43am on 26 April 2022
    Identity details received 9:40am on 17 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:35am on 17 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 9:32am on 17 April 2022
    Application submitted 9:32am on 17 April 2022

Below I have outlined some hints and tips:

– Your application MUST be in for six weeks, I have seen stories of people getting theirs prior to this, however at Peterborough today multiple people were rejected due to not being in the process for more than 6 months

– People turning up advising of lost passports with no application were getting rejected on the spot and being advised it needs to be 6 weeks.

– I arrived at 6am (opening at 8am), there was around 30 people in the queue. We were let in at 7:30 and i got position 25 @ 9pm. I was seen at 12:30pm and was processed around 1:00pm. I waited two hours for my passport to be printed @3:00pm

– I was actually contacted by the processing department for my upgrade process during my 1-2-1 with the passport agent in Peterborough. this was @ 12:00pm and I was advised I could pick up my passport from my local office (a little bit late but positive that they do get back to you)

– people who were flying the next day or day of were prioritised first, then people who had application in from jan/feb, then people flying in 2 days. Subsequent people were given forms to fill out to identify if they were valid.

1. 2 weeks prior to your departure date attempt to get through to the upgrade time. It takes some persistence and a lot of time, when you call the passport office you only get through to the advisors, you do not want to speak to them. Request to be passed through to the upgrade team and to be put on hold, this is more efficient than waiting for a call back. This is one of two methods to get your passport. ( NOTE: You will be asked for evidence of departure and they will work towards that date with NO guarantee)

2. If you do not get a call back to collect your passports leading up to 48 hours before departure time, head down to your local passport office (preferably the only your passport is being processed at). Peterborough were tremendously helpful and prompt given then situation. Turning up any more than 48 hours prior to your departure resulted in people being turned away.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,246 through 1,260 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.