New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,261 through 1,275 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    Rachy40
    Participant

Hello!

Just wondering if anyone has had passport success after having waited longer than four weeks for documents to be logged and scanned? My son’s were signed for at Corby 4 weeks yesterday but no change to his portal.

Progress team have now sent two emails with the tracking number to Peterborough Office to chase it up with no success as yet.

Has anyone had to report their documents lost after being signed for?!!

I feel like I’m the only one with this problem and would do so appreciate some advice!

muls89
    Participant

To echo what others have said, if it gets to 48 hours get to your passport office and they will prioritise you (from what I saw this is the case even if you are within six weeks).
    A lot of people in the same boat but they get through them. Arrived at 6, but needn’t have bothered, close to 8am would have been exactly the same time seen, with approx 40 people waiting today at Peterborough.

I have seen a couple of people mention that theirs had been processed under the standard method and not upgraded and it was awfully close to their departure date. This was the same for myself and Neither the passport office or TnT were saying they had the document. After no initial luck this morning I went back to the office and explained the issue to the entrance staff, who passed my details direct to the processing team upstairs .

They contacted me back within an hour and resolved the issue within the day.
    So if there are still others in a similar position playing the waiting game for TnT, if you don’t have a delivery date or tracking number yet I would get down to your passport office and explain the issue. They were brilliant!

Rachy40
    Participant

If I fly on a Tuesday, will I be seen at Peterborough if I go on a Saturday? As in, do the Saturday and Monday count as the 48 hours? Or is a literal 48hrs, including the Sunday even though they aren’t open?

Just trying to plan ahead so I don’t entirely lose hope and It’s hard not to obsess over details at this point!

dubba2005
    Participant

Hi

We sent a first child application by post on 22 April. We were unable to use the online system as it was for a newborn so eyes were closed in the photo. Passport office did not acknowledge receipt until 13 May (3 weeks later). There was no fast track / upgrade option available when we submitted for a first child passport (apart from an in person appointment of which our nearest was 500 miles away!)

We tried twice to get a status update using the online form with no reply so I called them this morning. Things I learned on this call.

– processing time is now 10-13 weeks not the 10 weeks they state
    – the 10 weeks start from when they acknowledge receipt of documents not from when you send them (and this could be any length of time!)
    – you can only access the upgrade service once the docs have been in the system 6 weeks.

This means we cannot access the upgrade service despite sending over 6 weeks ago. We fly 2 weeks tomorrow but because of how long it took them to acknowledge receipt, we won’t hit six weeks until the day after we fly. Is anyone aware of -anything else we can do to speed up the application? Very frustrated as we wouldn’t be in this position if there was an option to submit online and we got the application in when baby was a week old!

Thanks!

pclem0003
    Participant

I have honestly had the most amazing experience with the upgrade team.

I fly on Thursday the 16th June and rang to start the upgrade process on the 2nd. I was informed I wouild recieve a callback with more details within 48 hours, got called back within 20mins, had my email sent off with proof of travel and application details 15 mins after that. Got an immediate confirmation email from the Peterborough upgrade team, followed by a 2nd confirmation email later on that day. (This was still on the 2nd)

Yesterday (7th) recieved an email stating they had recieved the request and noted date of travel.

Today (8th) recieved phone call stating I could pick up from my local passport office tomorrow.

Genuinely didn’t expect it, delighted!

sam
    Participant

Hi hoping someone can help me. My daughter is going on holiday on the 15th June, I’ve applied for the upgrade they emailed me Saturday to say they have noted she needs passport by 15th and not to contact them as this will delay process. They will contact me. I’m just wondering how long will it take for them to contact me. My nearest passport office is Newport and her passport is in Belfast office since April.

sarahtayler9
    Participant

I submitted my passport renewal application nearly 12 weeks ago (18th of March). I am due to fly on the 18th of June, however am flying to the USA where you require an ESTA which must be completed at least 3 days before travel. So essentially need the passport in 7 days. After about 20 hours on the phone over the past week I finally have been given the email address of the Liverpool office to send my flight details to and request an upgrade. If they do not get back to me – have people had success turning up to the Liverpool office in person prior to travel? Am I able to go to Peterborough even though my old passport is with Liverpool? Many thanks for any help!

andstillwaiting
    Participant

andstillwaiting
    Participant

Has anyone had a call back from 01753204983?
    Said hello and lady hung up!
    I got one after I rang for upgrade today.

andstillwaiting
    Participant

When I googled apparently some people are getting callbacks from 01753204983.

passportplease
    Participant

@sarahtaylor9 100% go to your nearest office I was waiting as long as you and I got mine with in the hour no charge xx

Passplease
    Participant

Has anyone not received their passport in time?
    We fly on Sunday and I went to Peterborough today, but unfortunately they couldn’t help me as my application is with Durham and they wouldn’t/couldn’t send it over to Peterborough because they were currently only dealing with people that travel in 48-24 hours. Very frustrating but staff were really nice.
    We can’t decide if we should move our holiday or risk it and hope we get a call back in time.

passportplease
    Participant

I got mine in time however I went Peterborough 24 hours before

andstillwaiting
    Participant

All you guys who are going to the passport office 24-48 before travel… Did/DO you HAVE to put in a “upgrade request” or did you just turn up?

sam
    Participant

I still haven’t heard off the upgrade team so I rung the passport office this morning and he just said bare with us, I dunno wether to email the upgrade team again even though they said not too do this. Could I turn up at the passport office Monday which my nearest one is Newport and they might sort it even though her passport is with the belfast passport office. daughter is flying on the Wednesday and I just feel like I’m running out of options now

Viewing 15 posts - 1,261 through 1,275 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.