New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    Nixxi92
    Participant

Yes I did, processing put me forward for the upgrade and asked me to email also. Followed instructions to word and nothing. Total waste of time.

flyyngonthe4theeek
    Participant

Is anyone getting the email of Acknowledgement of Upgrade request does that mean anything?

Lauramaria23
    Participant

That’s the Newport number. Does anyone have the Durham number?

siddiqa87
    Participant

Literally being held hostage in the country. Can’t fly without a passport yet they can’t get their act together and issue a passport in ample time! I’m properly angry now. We pay for a service and we deserve better!

The amount of stress this is causing for many people is unnecessary and unfair.

Please can people post more success stories so it can lift others spirits

Andrew0510
    Participant

Nothing for me. Application processing since 18th March. Submitted 17th Feb.
    Fastrack email sent 19th 21st 25st
    Local MP email sent.
    Various customer service emails sent and management team conversations that were dead ends.

Cancelling flights today. As it’ll never be printed in time for Tuesday morning now..

homersimo1
    Participant

No, I literally just enquired about the status of my application and told them I was worried that it had been 2 weeks that the child birth certificate hadn’t been received on the system and if they needed more information I can respond quickly as my daughter goes on holiday in 2 weeks.

I didn’t receive a reply to that email just a hour later my status updated so maybe it was a coincidence or someone did look at my application upon seeing that email.

It looks like once approved most are printed within 2-3 days, if I don’t have any updates by Friday 6th then I will request a upgrade on a fast track.

danielb12345
    Participant

Going away 13th may under 2 weeks 🙁 had no luck at all … can anyone help with an email for the durham office? Getting nowhere on the phone get told a different answer everytime I ring! Stressed to the max :/

restlesskid
    Participant

The upgrade team emails seem to be generic try emailing DurhamUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk, title it URGENT TRAVEL 13/05/22 put as much info as you can name, DOB, passport app. ref no. & attach your flight details.

danielb12345
    Participant

Have you got the email for them please?

danielb12345
    Participant

Just seen your message.. thanks .. they are a nightmare every time I ring I get hold a different answer .. when I spoke to them a few weeks ago they said soon as you hit the two week mark you can upgrade at extra cost then try’s to do it an getting no where.

restlesskid
    Participant

The emails seem to be similar try DurhamUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk title it [URGENT TRAVEL 13/05/22 passport app. ref. no.] give your name, dob, app. ref no. again, & give proof of your travel details. Worth a shot

homersimo1
    Participant

Make sure your kind and pleasant in your email.

Contrary to what the media say they are working hard including weekends and even bank holiday. Passports aren’t going to be printed at WFH staff.

What is your online status position ?

Is it a first passport ?

danielb12345
    Participant

My email was very polite mate. It’s a renewal his passport was still in date but we’re going to turkey and need minimum of 6 months on it.

siddiqa87
    Participant

My sons had 5 months .. now I wish I risked it because they don’t need visas for brits anymore and that’s when you fill in the expiry of your passport

Flying on 7th and my five year old has no passport.. do I pack for my kids.. do I make arrangements for this holiday to turkey that is looking very unlikely now!

So so distraught

Shouq
    Participant

You wont get any ack. for upgrade request. Just keep chasing them. good luck

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.