New Passport Upgrade Service!

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Passport Upgrade Service!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,216 through 1,230 (of 1,653 total)
  • Author
    Caz86
    Participant

Hi everyone. Overseas application of renewal passport for my son. We are I’m the Republic of Ireland. Application submitted 12/04/22 took till 12/05/22 for them to update tracking as documents received. The application tracking has been sitting at this take since, no movement. I’ve contacted numerous numbers for some call agents to tell me I’m ot eligible for an upgrade as I’m Overseas and some in the last few days tell me that I am. I jave emailed the upgrade team and am awaiting a call from them. We are due to fly on 13/06/22 Is anyone in a similar position? And if so have you managed to upgrade your Overseas application? I am willing to drive 4 hrs to the Belfast office for printing of the passport if it means I get it before our travel. Any advice would be appreciated.

J238192
    Participant

Hi just wondered if anybody can confirm, we fly out Tuesday 7th June, early AM. A standard adult renewal is now approaching 6 weeks on Sunday therefore can not upgrade yet.

If I turn up at Peterborough Monday early would this go through as a day case? We are midland based so Peterborough not quite as close as Liverpool but not too far.

CKMags
    Participant

Just to give people some hope..I applied for my passport renewal at the end of March and up until today it was still processing. I was told to contact the passport office 14 days before I travel (which I did) they then advised me that they had notified the upgrade team of my travel date and I had to send over an email to that team with all my travel info etc. and I would receive a call (although they are dealing in date order and I could be waiting until 48hrs before I travel) I travel on the 8th June and received my phone call this afternoon to say my passport was ready for collection and I have arranged to pick up on Monday morning! They are working through them so stay positive!

JPassport92
    Participant

Hey guys quick question – I need to drive around 2 hours to collect passports. I will be collecting (hopefully) mine and my wife’s.

Question:

Will I be able to pick up my wife’s passport or will she need to be there?

I can bring marriage cert/her ID if needed. Hopefully someone has had experience with this

Richie
    Participant

Hi #Caz86 I don’t think you can upgrade if you reside outside of the UK even though Belfast is on the island of Ireland..! If your Son is a UK citizen then you can contact the British embassy in Dublin and they can issue an emergency travel document to enable your Son to travel alternatively contact the passport progress team and explain you need your Son’s passport urgently but cannot avail of the upgrade option as you are outside the UK, I have heard operators will push this request.

Tindo24
    Participant

Hi J238192 you should be able to get you passport if travelling on Tuesday if you turn up at Peterborough Passport Office. Went today without an appointment after a long wait for my passport to delivered since printed on 16/05/22. There was a long queue but people where being seen in priority order and everyone gets attended to no matter what you issue is. Got there by 0800hrs and by 0915hrs I had been seen and came back home with my passport as I am also travelling on Tuesday.

adz93
    Participant

Hi @Tindo24 I am in a right state now and After different messages from different advisors I really don’t know if they will give me my sons passport as it will not have hit the 6 week mark till we fly. Did you come across anyone at the office who was given there passport having not hit the 6 week mark yet?
    TIA

paigebates91
    Participant

@adz93 – I was there Wednesday, I fly tomorrow… my application hadnt been 6 weeks quite it was 5 for a replacement passport as I lost mine … after a phone call as it was in Durham my application- Peterborough were able to print it for me whilst I was there , they help regardless if your travel date is soon , it’s whether you’ll have to pay the fee or not the 6 week mark I was told.

Tindo24
    Participant

Hi adz93 there where people who had not hit the 6 week mark and where told to wait until the 6 weeks and if not received anything then to come back.They we’re assisting those flying within 2 days or less more than people who had not reached the 6 week deadline or not flying within a week. To be honest calling or emailing HMPO it’s a waste of time as I was in the same predicament you don’t get the same answer that u end up confused. Wait for the 6 weeks then if nothing changes then make your way to the Peterborough Passport Office you do not need an appointment and guarantee you that you will be seen and have answers as they can check straight away you application. They will take your reference number and will tell you that someone will call you later once they check your application.

adz93
    Participant

Thanks for the response guys. If I do not hear anything by Wednesday will be visiting the office as we are due to fly early Sunday morning

funkypeant26
    Participant

Here’s my experience hopefully this helps someone:

Applied for first child passport over 11 weeks ago. Reached out to upgrade service a week and half ago. MP has contacted to. Application stuck on process since 13th April. Only got approval 03 June. But no update on printing or dispatch. I travel 10th June.

Went to london office, early (4am). They will put signs up to dissuade you not queue ignore them. They will let people with appointments in first and then give you a form to fill in. So the impression I got from london is they are very frosty and cold. Regardless if your flight is today or tomorrow or 48 hours their response to nearly everyone we can’t do anything. Also found out that upgrade team hasn’t even looked at my request to Expediate the approval was done by the standard process. As mine went to central print it was considered “issued” and all I can do is wait for tnt to deliver and no option to collect and that even if I come back 24/48 hours before the flight they won’t do anything. People in london not only didn’t get their passports but those flying out that day lost their flights too.

In that same day I made the journey to Peterborough hopefully finding someone helpful there and they are a lot more receptive and attentive. Found out if my application hadn’t been approved by the standard process, Peterborough could have processed it, have it approved and printed on that day. However as mine has be sent to central print and “issued” all I can do is wait for delivery. They gave me tnt number with the hope if I call them Monday they can expediate my passport, which I don’t have a lot of faith in.

I did see somewhere in this form of people who had their application approved but not delivered and flying out within 48 hours going to Peterborough to get their passports. Will try again on Wednesday if there is no progress with delivery. Staff there did mention I’ve got time for it to arrive before 10th but I don’t have a lot of faith in the system.

passportneed
    Participant

I got mine from Liverpool today. Only waited 5 weeks but I’m travelling tomorrow and passport has been stuck on ‘application submitted’. I turned up with no appointment at all, just went to security at the front outside and said I’m flying tomorrow. They didn’t even make me queue outside just sent me straight in. I showed proof of flight (has to be an email or something showing you booked the flight before you submitted passport application obviously) and within 5 hours I walked away with my passport, printed there and then. If you turn up within 48 hours they’ll definitely print your passport for you, but if you turn up and your flight is outside of 48hr window you’ll be wasting your time most probably, I seen a lot of people in that situation stand there all day and walk home without a passport because of this.

Ennevive
    Participant

Does anyone have any first hand experience of how long it takes for additional documents to be looked at for a ‘first child passport’? I was asked to provide my own birth certificate. We have already been waiting 4-5 weeks and are due to go on holiday at the end of June. Can’t afford to wait another 5 weeks.
    Many thanks in advance 🙏🏻

wanting3
    Participant

Ennevive I had to send extra supporting docs for an adult renewal with name change. I sent it on a Saturday , according to Royal Mail got delivered the following Tuesday then was approved a week later. It took about 5 weeks to get to the printing stage but haven’t received it yet as it was only printed last Thursday. I think they are pretty quick with looking at extra documents. Mine was sent to the Durham office so times might be different at others

laura11111
    Participant

I have just received an email to say my daughter’s passport application has been approved (8 weeks after submitting).

I applied for an upgrade 10 days ago and had planned to go to one of the offices in person on Tuesday (we fly Thursday). But now that the application has been approved (nothing to do with the upgrade team), I’ve basically lost that as an option, as they’ve said that it can no longer be printed in person and that I have to wait for it to be delivered to me.

If anyone’s been in this situation and still managed to go and get the passport printed in person I’d love to know. It’s a 2.5 hour drive up to Peterborough, so would be a long day with a 4-month-old baby in tow.

I’d also love to know how long it’s taking people to receive passports once they’ve been a) approved and b)dispatched.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,216 through 1,230 (of 1,653 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.